PLEASE! A mod to let any class/origin marry Anora!!

Garrus94

This has already been done for Alistair, and i really want to see the ending with Anora as your queen, without playing a human noble again.

I wouldn't think this mod would be too hard at all, but then again i know nothing of modding.

Anyway, i'm sure MANY would appreciate it if someone could somehow get rid of the origin and class checks that trigger an Anora wedding agreement. I really want my ruthless mage to be able to marry ruthless Anora.

Thank you sincerely to anyone who will consider this.

There used to be a mod on the site called "I shall be queen" which allowed exactly what you're looking for. And worked for male/female regardless of the title.

However the author took it down due to some bug issues, and it was never reposted :(

equal love can get you past the gender check, if you're playing a femme character, http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=429

and metagame items can "supposedly" get around the race/background check. http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=13

Tho I've had issues with the item that is supposed to change your class. It seems to work fine on NPC's but makes my game crash if I try it on the player character. :pinch:

IF you try that route, make sure to create a new save prior to the endeavor. You might run into something that would make it handy to have a backup savegame to revert to, just in case.

As for doing it yourself. You'd need to find the checks that see what gender, and race you are, and what class you are. Beyond that, I can't tell you anything more. Because if it was easy.... we'd still have mods around that would let us do it. :(

There used to be a mod on the site called "I shall be queen" which allowed exactly what you're looking for. And worked for male/female regardless of the title.

However the author took it down due to some bug issues, and it was never reposted :(

equal love can get you past the gender check, if you're playing a femme character, http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=429

and metagame items can "supposedly" get around the race/background check. http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=13

Tho I've had issues with the item that is supposed to change your class. It seems to work fine on NPC's but makes my game crash if I try it on the player character. :pinch:

IF you try that route, make sure to create a new save prior to the endeavor. You might run into something that would make it handy to have a backup savegame to revert to, just in case.

As for doing it yourself. You'd need to find the checks that see what gender, and race you are, and what class you are. Beyond that, I can't tell you anything more. Because if it was easy.... we'd still have mods around that would let us do it. :(

Thanks a lot for that Dark Wolfe. It's disappointing that he never reposted it, as from what i've read it's a fairly popular request. If no one has done it since then, it must really be much more in-depth than i anticipated.

Just to clarrify, when i eventualy talk to Anora with my mage, he'll need to be to have taken the "Change origin" potion? And is it possible to reverse this potion so i can go back to the mage origins, and when i do, will the marrying Anora epilogue and dialogue following it still appear? Or will i need to be have human noble references for the rest of the game?

Thanks.

Ok, keep in mind that this may not be 100% accurate. I havent played in Quite a while, and even longer since I finished with a mage....

To the best of my knowledge, the only time you need to be human noble rogue/warrior is when you're talking to annoya errr.... annora about the actual wedding. Like when discussing it to her before the landsmeet, and then again at the landsmeet after roghain errrr... loghain is dealt with.

so those are the only two instances (IF I remember correctly) where you need to have that reference.

WIth the item that changes the origin. It is definitely not permanent if you don't want it to be. You can change it at any time that you want to. ;) Just use the item again until it spins back around to mage ;)

Yeah, I wish that author would have put that back up. I've tried hunting around for it on google a couple of times, but never found a positive lead to anyplace else that had it for download :(

Yeah, its amazing how difficult some of the stuff in this game can be. Something that might be so simple an idea turning into something extremely difficult to figure out :(

• 3 years later...

for something small in awakening before start new game in awakening you have to write runscript warrior and X IT'S LEVEL well i've killed Alistair in my playthrough but somehow he was return from Dead LOL BUT NOT BEFORE EPILOGUE IN ORIGINS i changed my class to warrior and everything it's going on normal even meeting with Loghain if he's live

• 7 months later...
  • 4 years later...
I saw a mod on Nexxus one time that allowed for any race to marry Alistair or Anora. But, it has since disappeared, perhaps been removed. There is a mod mentioned here which provides numerous special items, I think it's called the Meta-game mod or something like that. Anyway, among the items you get in this mod are a potion to change your origin/race and a ring to change your class (warrior/mage/rogue). Using this potion, along with either Equal Love mod or Complete Bi-Overhaul mod (or any similar gender illusion mod) will allow any race/gender to marry either Alistair or Anora. To marry Anora, you must change your race/gender before meeting her and talking to her, otherwise it might confuse the dialogue. For Alistair, you need only to romance him through the game, and then change to human Noble right before Landsmeet... And then stay in that race until the end.

Also... If you want to change your race or gender (using mod) for any reason, you only need to use that change for the duration of any interaction with that character; with Anora, you have the initial meeting and follow up dialogue at end of story, so you'll need to stay in character for that. You could use this change temporarily for other parts of the game too; if you want a friendlier reception when you go to Dalish camp, you can change to a Dalish elf temporarily; if you want your female dwarf Noble to bed those two Noble Hunter girls in Orzammar, just change gender temporarily to talk... After speaking with them, you can change back and they will still recognize you as male, and you will still have a son when you return to Orzammar; you can change to mage origin temporarily when doing Redcliffe castle, not only for Jowan dialogue, but to go into the Fade and save Connor.

What foul necromancy is this? Die, four year old discussion! :laugh:

More to the point (and so anyone else who stumbles on this won't go astray), changing race/origin/gender to marry Alistair is really excessive and unnecessary, when there's a very reliable and simple mod that removes all those flag checks > Anyone Can Marry Alistair :wub:

It would probably be easy enough to make something similar for Anora, but I don't have the interest in testing anything that involves her. :ohdear:

EDIT for purposes of completeness (again in the interest of completeness, should someone stumble on this thread) to add that this mod allows anyone (no matter origin or gender) to marry Anora (or Alistair).