Windows 10 Skyrim and my keyboard.

silhouett

I have run skyrim for a long time with little problem , I even have a nvidia geforce 970 graphics and a intel I5 basic hardware.

My keyboard is the k800 Logitech but I've tried another key keyboard and mouse with and get same results.

When I execute skyrim it runs ok but if I go into console mode I notice the keyboard response time is so slow. I can type player.additem

and 2 minutes pass before it completes. Odd thing is if I exit skyrim the keyboard is still slow... so I am forced to reboot.

This has only been since I upgraded to windows 10.

I haven't used or upgraded to 10 at all for this very reason, there are too many problems with 10 already, if you're using the console and getting a lag spike where you have a delayed reaction, it's sounds like a FPS issue with Windows 10, that's just my theory, but any time i have experienced a delayed reaction to any game it was usually a FPS issue or Video drivers wern't updated.

I have Windows 10 and this has never happened to me.

My guess would be also depends on if you're running a decent OS, This is just my opinion, i have read where tons of people have had nothing but problems sinse the install, and i have also heard claims where none were effected by this at all, like i said I'm just taking a stab at my theory, because i do run a decent machine, it may be how good it's set up also

Update: I reinstalled Skyrim in another directory and also installed C++ Library and DirectX it seemed to run fine. then the odd part is so does the one now in the old directory. I can assume that

the C++ Library or DirectX was some how the problem since I did those separately and they fixed both copies of skyrim.

Update: I reinstalled Skyrim in another directory and also installed C++ Library and DirectX it seemed to run fine. then the odd part is so does the one now in the old directory. I can assume that

the C++ Library or DirectX was some how the problem since I did those separately and they fixed both copies of skyrim.

In my experience if Direct X isn't stalled properly or it didn't install fully before launching the game, that could effect the game files also. But glad to hear you got it figured out.

• 2 years later...