Unreportable Popup Ad

OnyxSix

http://puu.sh/k0NVI/1ccb6bad33.png Occasionally I will get a little popup like this, clicking to close it just redirects me to a page that says I won an iPhone, there's no way to report this like I would normal ads so I just posted it in a thread here, not sure how to get rid of it.

(Yes, It's only on the nexus and I have done multiple virus scans, so I doubt it's on my end.)

Ads are not the same everywhere. They are specific to a region, and can be targeted based on your browsing habits. That is why we need a screen shot of the ad to even know what it is or where it comes from. The screen shot tells what ad company placed that ad. And showing it to them lets them know who is cheating on what they agreed to. Personally I think the ad companies are shooting themselves in the foot by not working harder to keep these kind of garbage ads out. Somehow they want to blame users for blocking the ads when they don't preemptively stop crap like that.

Had the same thing today, it highjacked and redirected me from nexus. Which is frankly unacceptable. Ablock on.

This is the ad link in question

Link removed so no one clicks on it by mistake and added to hidden staff only post. Micalov

Edited by micalov

I'm having the same ad, it has come up twice now in the past few days. I do use Adblock, but I've had it disabled on Nexus sites 'cause I've wanted to support the site. I'm turning it on for now, hoping there's a quick fix to this so I can disable it again!