• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Hyas! :happy:

I have just started with TESCS and i'm learning fast and love it :happy:

There is just one thing that I can't figure out of some reason :glare:

I can't higher or lower the landscape :ohmy:

I can flatten the landscape and soften verticles, but when i uncheck thoose boxes nothing happens when I click and drag.

Yes, I have unchecked both the boxes i just mentioned and also unchecked the ones for adding color or texture and yes, I am in the terrain editing mode.

So, basically everything seems as it should be, I move the cursor over the landscape and get the red circle and everything, but when i click and drag up, down and sideways (with both left and right button) nothing happens. >:(

So I would really love if any of you experts could tell me if there is a certain trick or if I have missed something or whatever it requires so i can finally make mountains, valleys and isles in my awesome mods. :P

Looks like you were right, it's click-and-drag rather than click-and-hover.

With the default settings, the rate at which land is raised and lowered is very slow. Try increasing the Land Sensitivity Multiplier, under File->Preferences.

Oddly, this does not seem to be mentioned in the section of the CS Help that covers landscape editing.

Looks like you were right, it's click-and-drag rather than click-and-hover.

With the default settings, the rate at which land is raised and lowered is very slow. Try increasing the Land Sensitivity Multiplier, under File->Preferences.

Oddly, this does not seem to be mentioned in the section of the CS Help that covers landscape editing.

In that case it must be set to default VERY slow, but I will try it and hopefullly it works. :happy:

To bad I am on vacation now and won't be able to try it on several weeks tho... :blush:

I hope I find a way to make som friends of mine transfer CS and morrowind over to this computer or something.

Anyways thanks so much for your help :happy:

• 5 years later...

A few tips...

Iets assume you are creating an island, far away from everything else as to prevent contamination to anything but our island. You create the island with the many methods available today, and lay down some textures. Now you need to add objects. Instead of painfully placing one object at a time you can select many objects at once and drag them into the render window. Their we are, a handful at a time to visually manipulate. Sweet, you now have a bunch of rocks wrapped around your island quickly.

You learn to texture, you reskin the rocks around your island, add them into the editor. You slowly use search and replace and change each rock slowly and painfully...wrong! You can deselect both options, and change ALL objects in the overworld...awsome were done! Wrong... Now you must clean the world of this effect. No contamination. Simply open the the details window, and since were an isle far away we can sort our list, find your cell numbers in the list, delete all other cell listings. This should make it so your rocks will only appear in your cells. We only deleted the change that applied to the rest of morrowind. Of course if you reach a stage in which you need to use this method, you know all about being clean...

To help staying clean, a good habit is to check your details often, cleaning as needed. Use bloodmoon as a dependency early on, or use the tools available these days to assist in cleaning before you decide to publish a mod.