I would like to request a playable Half Human/ half Dragon Race.

Griede

The idea is i would like a playable race that is all the physical features of a human. to include head, arms and feet. apearance, is a Human with Dragon scale skin, dragon type wings, and a dragon type tail.

the mod i have linked is similar to what i want, however it has not been updated, andit dosent seem to work. its the Drakian race

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/18014/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D18014&pUp=1

Ideas i had for the custome race im thinking of

name - Draconian

2 types ice dragon and flame dragon, for dragon breath attacks.

animated wings and tail.

wings and tail have 2 tone adjustable colors, or simply have a small variety to choose from

horns and claws.

female and male gender support.

UNPB and HDT compatible.

if at all possible, id rather as much of this mod as possible be all inclusive, standalone. limiting the need to search out supporting mods where possible.

im developing a backround story to add to it, it will be rather nice and will fit the race very well.

and before its suggested the animated wings mod is a great mod, but its not really suitable for this unfortunately.

It's not Lore-Friendly though.The Child ALWAYS assumes the Race of the mother (and maybe a few of the traits of the other race,like a Imperial whose Father is a Dunmer might have facial features similar to Dunmer,even though he is an Imperial) and Dragons don't have sex.They are created by Akatosh,and not bred.

And really,you ask a bit too much. Nifskope Edits and a few small tweaks are feasible,but not a entirely new race with new animations.The way you have written it sounds more like a Showcase instead of a Request,with your "female and male gender support" and compatability requests.

You can always try yourself though,perhaps you might even like it!

It's not Lore-Friendly though.The Child ALWAYS assumes the Race of the mother (and maybe a few of the traits of the other race,like a Imperial whose Father is a Dunmer might have facial features similar to Dunmer,even though he is an Imperial) and Dragons don't have sex.They are created by Akatosh,and not bred.

It a new race not a hybrid. I also highly doubt people care if not it lore friendly anyways.

We have seen several sub-races of argonians, and none of them have wings. I'm pretty sure the wings make this lore-unfriendly in almost any way. I've gone through the list of creatures seen in the Elder Scrolls, and here are the things I've seen that are close but probably won't work. I didn't see anything that I thought would definitely work:

You could maybe argue that dragonlings would be lore-friendly, but while they had a language, they never seemed sentient, and only appeared to have legs and wings, with no arms. Gargoyles are close, but their face isn't very human in any of the depictions. Homunculus are almost the perfect lore excuse visually, but they probably no longer exist since they were experiments, and they weren't shown to be intelligent. Imps could almost work, but they don't appear scaly in Oblivion or Online, and may or may not be intelligent. Winged Twilights are only female and only have legs and wings(no arms).

While its not a race mod, I can at least direct you to my horns and tails mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53746/? which go nicely with an animated wings mod for a dragon like character. There's also textures for the skin to look scaly for human characters as well: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/63680/?

thankyou. am i to interpret that as permission to use the assets of your mod with this mod idea i have?

the male and female support is because often, when new races come out, its because the author created it for personal use and then later uploaded it due to popular demand. this being the case, they sometimes comes with only 1 playable gender at first not both.

and the story would be something along the lines of some very powerful but very evil mages (now long extinct) captured a few dragons and preformed terrible experiments on them. eventually resulting in the half dragons. the reason for this was that certain powerful kingdoms of the land wanted armies with abilities of dragons, but slightly more manageable size.

unfortunately, the 'project' was cut short when the mages were destroyed in an accident. the 200 or so half dragons who had been made were then sold to the highest bidder, to live as little more than slaves. half dragons tend to live a very long time due to their dragon blood, and similar to elves, they only take on a somewhat 'elderly' appearance very late in life. they are highly resistant to magic due to their thick dragon skin. and due to thier dragon heritage they eventually learn to breath fire. youthful half dragons will only know 1 element of dragon Breath (ice, fire, etc) but stronger half dragons can perhaps learn multiple types.

these qualities made them perfect for underground fighting tournaments, where they were pitted against any willing competitor for sport and money. it was only recently that it was realized their numbers had been allowed to dwindle, leaving only a handful. this handful, being fairly old themselves, decided to escape captivity and wander to new lands.

and, if playing the standard beginning, 1 gets captured trying to cross the border.**

i might take time to flesh out the story better later, but thats the idea. and yes, i might give creating it a try. given the amount of resources to chose from. that is, if i can get creation kit to quit crashing to desktop whenever i try to load the resources lol

Edited by Griede

We have seen several sub-races of argonians, and none of them have wings. I'm pretty sure the wings make this lore-unfriendly in almost any way. I've gone through the list of creatures seen in the Elder Scrolls, and here are the things I've seen that are close but probably won't work. I didn't see anything that I thought would definitely work:

You could maybe argue that dragonlings would be lore-friendly, but while they had a language, they never seemed sentient, and only appeared to have legs and wings, with no arms. Gargoyles are close, but their face isn't very human in any of the depictions. Homunculus are almost the perfect lore excuse visually, but they probably no longer exist since they were experiments, and they weren't shown to be intelligent. Imps could almost work, but they don't appear scaly in Oblivion or Online, and may or may not be intelligent. Winged Twilights are only female and only have legs and wings(no arms).

one sure sign of genius (or insanity) is being able to create the possibility for somethings exsistance, rather than simply being limited to whats already there. this being the case, they are lore friendly because of how they were created, and how they tie in to history. though possibly ill have to invent a land that they came from or w/e, but i think the mage story works for this aswell.

and as a caveat to your thoughts on humonculus, it depends on how its made as to whether it has any intelligence or not. as its origin will often determine how short its lifespan is aswell as its mental functionality. if its created by useing a human (for example) as a sacrifice, it will have sentience, but thats usually referred to as cheating lol