GECK Crash on startup with Windows 10 - My Fix

Harkken

HELLO!

So I was having issues with running GECK after my computer updated to Windows 10. When I tried to start the program it would open up like it was going to start then crash saying it had stopped working. I looked all over the net trying to find the fix for it. What I found was mostly people saying; Uninstall and reinstall.

Like most of you Im sure you've got a crap load of mods and everything set to just the way you want it in your setup. So I was really not looking forward to going through all the game then mod installs. So I tried finding the issue.

Here's what i found out: I had to change the properties settings on the GECK application from running as Admin.

Its stupid but for some reason when I had it set to run as admin in the properties it would just crash but if I right clicked and used Run as Admin it started fine.

Seems like a stupid little thing but it worked for me. Though if you are still having trouble you can try deleting the .ini files in "C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\My Games\FalloutNV"

GECKPrefs and GECKCustom(something like that). Then right click and run as admin.

Ive also been told that using ENB's will cause issues with the GECK starting. I use ENB 47 the sequel and have not had a problem. But if it doesnt work you can try removing the wrapper from the folder and trying it again.

• 10 months later...