Fallout 3 Won't Start After AMD Updated, No I Did NOT Pirate The Game

velociraptor24

http://i21.servimg.com/u/f21/16/25/86/14/captur10.png

Ok so today AMD updated, and all the sudden I got this crap. This isn't the first time getting it, I got it when I first got the game a year ago. Before AMD updated the game was working fine.

Here are some basic things you should know about my situation.

1.I did not pirate the game.

2.I am not using the Steam version.

3.I am using FOSE and Fake Fullscreen.

4.I do not have, or own the CD. I borrowed it.

You have two options in this situation.

Borrow indefinitely or buy the disc from whoever you borrowed it from, or buy the game through Steam. It is pretty cheap, and Steam is probably the best solution, seeing as you won't have to insert a disc anymore.

This is often caused when the Secureom DRM built into the Fallout install disk detects a program on your hard drive that can copy a DVD - the most often one found is the perfectly legal Alcohol CD and DVD burning software. Overzealous DRM blocking you because of a legal program on your computer. This was intended to stop piracy ( guess how well that woked :rolleyes: ) But it also prevents people from making a LEGAL backup of their game disk. Then Windows 7 included a program to do this very thing. The easy way to fix it is to remove any program that can copy a DVD - or rename the DVD burning program and run it through a shortcut.