Sell That Horse

Adipose

I would like to see a mod which permits me to sell, or take possession of, a stolen horse. FREX, the horse from the rock shelter bandit hideout over by Whiterun. I can ride him, but as soon as I get off he heads back to the bandit hide.

If there's a way that's already in existence I'd like to know about it.

Immersive Horses takes care of this:

Stealing a horse and actually getting to keep it is now possible, but also much more difficult to get away with than it was in vanilla. A stolen horse is limited to the vanilla ride and dismount options until a period of time elapses or until you get a bounty, only after which does the horse become yours. While you are mounted on a stolen horse, you are not able to wait or fast travel and any sympathizers in the area are alerted to the theft. You must either remain mounted on the horse for the full duration or receive a bounty in order to finally claim it. The default stolen horse time limit where the restrictions remain in effect is 60 seconds, but it can be adjusted via MCM.

Stealing a horse is no longer instant, so you must ride the horse for a period of time before it becomes yours.

Sympathizers in the area will be alerted to the horse theft, possibly landing you a bounty or starting a fight.

Riding a stolen horse prevents you from waiting or fast travelling and only the mount/dismount options are available.

I didn't download this mod for a long time because there's a lot of silliness on the mod authors page and it kind of hurts its credibility. But the mod itself is solid.