XCOM Mac modding Wineskin

Spoonstabber

Hi everyone,

I'm running XCOM - Enemy Unknown on Mac using Wineskin wrapper.

I tried installing the Long War mod running the .exe in the wrapper (drive_c/Program Files/Xcom Enemy Unknown) using Parallels Desktop but the game crashed at startup.

Can anyone help me on how to install this mod?

Thanks!

You are mixing apples and oranges here. XCOM for the Mac (ported by Feral Interactive), and the LW mod for it, are designed to run under OS/X (i.e. Linux), not WINE. If you are going to use WINE then you need to treat everything as a Windows program and use Windows versions of mods.

You should look in the "forum section" of the "Long War" download page to see if there is anything about LW under WINE. (I can't recall any, but I don't track it's progress anymore since the forum restructure. The LW devs handle it there.) None of the LW developers have a Mac, but some do use Linux. If anyone can help, they will be there. That is also where I would ask about the advantages of OS/X versus WINE.

Regardless of which way you go, you need to follow the instructions of the "Basic Guide to installing mods" in getting your system ready for XCOM. But bear in mind that it's instructions for the Mac are for OS/X. With WINE you just act as if you were using Windows.

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent