Constant Skyrim CTD. Possibly corruption.

Ru5tyShackleford

Alright, the logs were in my overwrite and I seem to be good on memory now, but it didn't fix my corruptions. Also, aren't orphan scripts left when you remove mods mid-playthrough? because i'm not sure if they are supposed to be able to affect new games after removal. Also, will cleaning any dirty edits and making bash patches help at all? Also a lot of lines in the log seem to be coming from become a bard, skooming in skyrim, and possibly some vanilla skyrim and/or its dlcs.

You are correct that orphan scripts happen when mods are deleted.

As far as dirty edits go, watch Gopher's videos on TES5Edit . He says those will bite you in a modded game, and yours is very mod heavy.

In my experience the Papyrus log will often miss the event that causes the crash. You may have to resort to the long and painful process of disabling a bunch of those mods until your game runs properly, and then add them back a few at a time to find which one is giving problems. I have had to do this a couple of times. I feel your pain!

Since you have found where your logs are, have you checked the HDT log? Recently my game became extremely hateful with low fps and ctd due to a skeleton conflict.

Happy Hunting!

Alright, the logs were in my overwrite and I seem to be good on memory now, but it didn't fix my corruptions. Also, aren't orphan scripts left when you remove mods mid-playthrough? because i'm not sure if they are supposed to be able to affect new games after removal. Also, will cleaning any dirty edits and making bash patches help at all? Also a lot of lines in the log seem to be coming from become a bard, skooming in skyrim, and possibly some vanilla skyrim and/or its dlcs.

Remember that Papyrus Logs weren't meant for the average user to read, sometimes they don't tell you anything at all even to a script expert. Logging in itself taps performance, as each cycle gets written to disk. If you are have better performance and stability, may I suggest disabling logging/tracing in papyrus section. Use the logging when you have a suspect mod or two and compare with log results.

Bashed Patch helps with keeping leveled lists sorted as expected, it merges some record types that are like a global or something and no other records into the Bashed patch in order to reduce number of plugins vs 256 limit, it allows for some simple global tweaks without using another plugin, imports NPC names...few other automatic features when building a Bashed Patch. Could be helpful, especially with mods like Immersive Weapons and Armor and 3DNPC type mods..mods with hundreds of additions and overrides..leveled lists usually play nice together with the Bashed Patch.

Cleaning with TES5Edit should be done with strict adherence to the basic rules:

-Load ONLY the mod you expect to clean.

-Start from the top and go down the load order so you don't clean a dependent plugin, pay attention to mod descriptions for hints about intentional UDRs!! Some deletes are intentional!! Use LOOT's suggestions if you are unsure. Remember LOOT does not detect changes, when adding new mods LOOT will still tell you all mods that should have cleaning done to them, whether you've already cleaned them or not.

-NEVER EVER clean Skyrim.esm.

-If, even after consulting LOOT (or those with knowledge you feel you can trust), you are still unsure...don't clean them.

Recommended behavior with TES5Edit from MOTO:

-After applying filter for cleaning, OBSERVE records that have color changes from white, make mental note of what could change.

-After cleaning, OBSERVE records that were removed, make mental notes of what has changed.

-Learn, and be happy with your new knowledge. :D

My Skyrim which had about 80-90 mods active on the nexus and 24 on the steam community, but I eventually had to reset my laptop therefore losing everything so I reinstalled Skyrim and it was running very slow and I don't remember all the mods I had so I'm going to guess the mods overlapped and corrupted the game so would cleaning TES V work? It seems like it will

I don't really know if that would work. If you are using old save games that are missing their mods that could possibly cause slowdown and I know that having a lot of scripted mods can really hurt fps (pretty sure mine is slowed a bit, but I don't really mind if its around 30 fps). But I don't think I can help much, my Skyrim isn't really running so well either.