Constant Skyrim CTD. Possibly corruption.

Ru5tyShackleford

There is a save game script-cleaner tool that can be used to remove the orphan scripts, but I have never used it myself. You can also, just try making a new game and see if things are any better. I only uninstall/reinstall as a last case, but if you feel you need to make sure you remove everything in the skyrim folder, when i did it I dumped the whole skyrim file before choosing the steam uninstall and I think that worked. Also, you could try writing a list of your mods so you know what to look for when you are getting your mods back. But still, I think you should try asking some other places too before you uninstall. I'm sorry if none of this helps, like I said my skyrim isn't doing to great right now either.

A while ago, around my last post I was able to load the corrupted(?) save by loading another character, and then loading it. This is kind of a pain, does anyone know why it does this or how to correct it? However, today I started the game and accidentally chose continue from the main menu and the game loaded as normal on the previously broken load/game. I am very confused about this. How or why did it work when it usually CTDs during loading?

Also, will it ever be safe to turn back on auto-save? I only ever rely on them when im in dungeons.

I use auto-save all the time, however it is wise to remember to do a "Hard Save" often to fall back to in case the auto-save gets corrupted. I just had this happen to me. Skyrim actually told me the auto-save I was attempting to load was corrupt. A first for Me! :rolleyes: Normally it just CTD's.

Also as my game save gets older it can sometimes take several attempts to start the game. Be persistent! :yes:

If that doesn't work try starting a new game. Let all the plug-ins load, then try to load the Save that was balking.

And if all else fails, start loading previous saves till you find a good one!

What a pain! What a Game!! :wallbash: