Magnum ammo

antonkr

Is magnum ammo useful for things other than a sniper rifle (recon is my least used class with lowest points so far)

Is it better to use magnum than weapon specializations for a medic or assault?

• 2 weeks later...
Actually for Assault I found Magnum to be the best, as Body armor is only 25 more health, and Explosive mark 2 does jack for the 40mm now, also I use the 40mm Shotty which gets a bonus from the Magnum. Note Magnum also boosts your pistol as well. Weapons I suggest for Assault would be M416 for General use it does the same damage as the XM8, but has better COF better rate of COF recovery, though it has 50 rounds per minute less then the XM8 which makes the M416 more accuare and spends less ammo per kill. For more dedicated ranged combat I suggest the M16a2 as it keeps it damage over range and is quite accurate just don't go insane with rapid bursts. For medic it depends on what you plan on doing, pure medic then no your better off with both Heavy medic and Range boost med box. If you want to be a killer medic then I suggest heavy Medic and magnum. As for weapons for medic if your looking for range orented I suggest the MG36 as it comes with a red dot site built in and the gun is very very accurate, but if your more up close go with the M249 as it has both stopping power and rate of fire and a good Iron site.

Well, I can say now, Magnum absolutely rocks when you combine it with the magnum handguns, the MP-412 T-Rex and M-1911 ACP(Antiquated Combat Pistol)

Both of them are very nice indeed with Magnum on, to the point that a T-rex can two-hit someone if it's hits them up high.

Other than that, for sniping Magnum is more about range than anything, Magnum rounds stay level to a far greater distance, which is extremely useful for longshots, though it takes some of the skill out.

Just enjoy it while it lasts, BF-3 is coming very soon, and Magnum is being removed, permanently.

Well, I can say now, Magnum absolutely rocks when you combine it with the magnum handguns, the MP-412 T-Rex and M-1911 ACP(Antiquated Combat Pistol)

Both of them are very nice indeed with Magnum on, to the point that a T-rex can two-hit someone if it's hits them up high.

Other than that, for sniping Magnum is more about range than anything, Magnum rounds stay level to a far greater distance, which is extremely useful for longshots, though it takes some of the skill out.

Just enjoy it while it lasts, BF-3 is coming very soon, and Magnum is being removed, permanently.

Can't say that I am not too happy about that. To be honest I'd rather see Battlefield 3 be pc-only and actually be a sequel to BF2 with all its awesome features. Wish they at least brought commander back. Thanks for the help. :smile: