DAupdater can't seem to detect .Dazips

Hexter

Try using the Nexus Mod Manager instead. You can drop .dazip, .rar, .7z, and .zip and the manager knows where it goes. Takes the sting out of adding mods. Be careful you check to see if there are choices that need to be made though. Sometimes, the zipped files have more than one thing that needs to be selected, you can't have everything. Example? There's a skin mod where you choose between smooth skin, freckled skin, etc. You can only choose one. The creator says so in their description. Other than that and .exe files that force you to choose between Lore, aesthetic, beauty selections, pretty much everything can drop on the Nexus Mod Manager. I don't even use the DAU modder or the DA modder anymore. If the NMM refuses to load the file, you can always drop it in your core/override folder. I was having trouble using the NMM after I upgraded to Win10. But I re-downloaded it today when I saw a reference to WIN10 on the file. Now the NMM works great!

• 2 years later...

I know this thread is a couple years old, but I reinstalled the game, and have been busily adding mods. While I kept many of the mods I like in a folder, and have successfully used DA Updater to install those old mods that I downloaded a year and a half ago, mods that I did not keep, or recently found, or otherwise need to download now, are not being recognized at all by the DA Updater. ALL the mods do end in .dazip (as an example, the Couslands of Ferelden mod, and the Qunari skin tones mod, and the mod entitled bye Oghren.) Does anyone have any ideas?

EDIT Nevermind, I figured it out. I needed to unpack these files, then the .dazip showed up. I was reading the partially showing name incorrectly.

Edited by GothicElf04