• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Tair

Tair

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
The nudie stuff isn't so much a new model as it is a painstaking retexture of an existing. I don't believe we'll be able to add armor with new physical details/shapes until we see a toolset patch.

Matt1713

Matt1713

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

The nudie stuff isn't so much a new model as it is a painstaking retexture of an existing. I don't believe we'll be able to add armor with new physical details/shapes until we see a toolset patch.

I see, well even so, that still means that some one can completely redo the mesh of an existing armor like the nudie armors, call it something different (i.e. create a new armor like shadowhawk/adonnay did for weapons) and plug it into an erf file to be put in override....right?

eleglas

eleglas

Professional Time Waster

• Premium Member
  • 1,330 posts
New weapon models are possible to make, and put in game. But armour/player models are not. Those mods are just retextures of the vanilla armour.

Not even adding a model to the override will work.

Edited by eleglas, 29 April 2011 - 11:11 AM.

H3X

H3X

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hy there,

What about changing the quiver? Is it possible that someone can create a new model and (or only?) texture for it? For example its looks bad on the Sir Isaac Clark armor, and it collide with some bow's texture, and that looks strange.

if not is there a way for simpy disable the quiver?

eleglas

eleglas

Professional Time Waster

• Premium Member
  • 1,330 posts
You can remove the quiver yourself by editing your savegame in the GFF editor (or use this mod http://www.dragonage...ile.php?id=2381), there is also some retextures for it on the nexus, Dall has one I think in his weapon bundle.

ishmaeltheforsaken

ishmaeltheforsaken

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,242 posts
Since you were asking about it in the naked men thread, I thought I'd update you here. This is tmp7704's plugin for Lightwave that allows the program to import/export .msh and .mmh files.

RLeopard

RLeopard

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 1 posts
I have to admit that you guys amaze me with your kowledge of modding. Did you take some sort of programming class so that you would know where to look for these files that you mod, or just by trial and error. I have only done some modding in 1 game, starlancer, and that was enjoyable to learn and would like to learn more. Of couse in starlancer, I had to creae a ship from scratch using milkshape 3d. I would like to thank you all for the posts that you put up, I know they will be a big help. I hope there will be a way of changing Hawke's clothes when he is at his estate and have it hold true in the cut scenes also.

Edited by RLeopard, 16 May 2011 - 11:41 PM.

eleglas

eleglas

Professional Time Waster

• Premium Member
  • 1,330 posts
Thanks for the info ishmaeltheforsaken, I'll make an update right away.

eleglas

eleglas

Professional Time Waster

• Premium Member
  • 1,330 posts
UPDATE: Added a new Tutorial by OdanUrr87 for retexturing; kudos to him for this.

Edited by eleglas, 26 May 2011 - 11:07 PM.

JohnDoeTheLostOne

JohnDoeTheLostOne

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
This may sound as a stupid question, but Iīve been wondering about it ever since I noticed that you canīt use the "DAModder"-thing for installing new mods.

Why canīt the creators make it so that weapons and armor gets transfered to the Storage Chest in the Hawke Estate? Wouldnīt that be a lot easier that having use the console - which I canīt figure out how to do - or to complete a certain quest?

Waiting for a replay. Have a lot more question, but depends on anyone willing to answer them...

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.956 seconds