FPS drop icy places

kienngu

I usually have 50-60 FPS at all times, but I've noticed that whenever I enter a dungeon with ice in it my drops to 20-30. Walking around in the winterhold and dawnstar areas in the snow biome doesn't seem to cause any fps drops, but dungeons with a snow+ice theme make my fps drop so I'm led to believe it is a problem specifically with ice texture. For example, I was in the midden beneath the college of winterhold and experienced no fps drop UNTIL I wandered into one of the areas that was covered in ice and fps dropped immediately; I tested this by walking into and out of the area. I also teleported to a few ice cavern dungeons to confirm and experienced the same 20-30 FPS drop in every single one.The only graphic mods I am running at the moment are "Dragon Warrior Effects" and "Skyrim Flora Overhaul" and disabling those hasn't helped. I have also tried running vanilla game from steam without mod organizer and that ran perfectly normal without fps drop in ice so I am lead to believe it is a problem with one of my mods, but disabling them doesn't help either? So confused. Could it be some hidden trace of a mod that I uninstalled that has managed to stay in my settings (project ENB, climates of tamriel, realistic lighting overhaul)? Has anyone experienced something similar or know a fix for this problem? Please help.

Ice texture has both parallax and shine/reflection effect. If you are running Enb with reflections turned on it might have big impact on performance.

@1:21

You really should consider using Mod Organizer. It stores all mods in separate folders and allows you to set few profiles with different mod lists without uninstalling anything. Troubleshooting becomes much easier that way.

Performance mods you should have installed:

-Enboost or Enb preset including it (you need to set your memory, etc in the .ini)

http://wiki.step-project.com/ENBoost

http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:ENB

-Unofficial Enhanced Lights and FX ELFX SMIM ENB fps performance patch (for ELFX users)