are Skyrim, MO, and Linux Compatible?

Griede

i plan to switch to a linux system, (prolly ubuntu or mint, many arch) as i dont like being spied on, for any reason. but i am a gamer, and while i state that i have most of my games on steam, my current 'big boy' is skyrim, and skyrim mods. both my computers run it fine with windows. hardware isnt an issue, but, as i dont know that much about software other then what i read an see, i wonder if anyone else has successfully gotten skyrim too run on a linux system with the new linux version of steam?

also, i use MO, SKSE, FNIS, and the java patchers that come with some of the patches.

basically, i want ted to see if someone managed it before i try it, and descend in to yet another circle of hell, as i only recently started useing MO.. and it still gives issues.

also, i tried linux before, but after being forced through wine, and about 8 other programs, some that had to be run WITH wine, to make certain games work, id rather not go down that road again if it can be avoided...

You're not getting around wine and most likely a VirtualBox with Windows because there is no native Linux client for Skyrim.

Looking here:

https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=24749

https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=32423

SKSE is most likely not going to work. So you would have to settle for Skyrim without SKSE and mods without it.

The Java Patchers may not be much of a problem since the Java Runtime Environment is natively available in all Linux distrbutions.

I dunno if MO uses .NET C# as a programing language but if that is the case you're mostly out of luck there too, since the implementation of it is not that far in on wine.

What you could do is to have Linux and Windows run side-by-side so you use Windows without internet for the Games that run offline and Linux for all other stuff.

Online games are going to be another problem.