windows 10 nmm support

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

slimsanta

slimsanta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

So I'm just returning after a long time away, stopped coming back after I got a bunch of graphical anomalies after I used NMM (tuned out my graphics card was fried). I was also set back by the sheer amount of mess with various game locations, backups, mods here and there, different save-location-backups and... you probably get my point.

So now I have a bunch of hard drives (had them when I quit, but windows not supporting MBR convert to GPT when you don't have UEFI installed OS... grrrrrr). One 2TB drive for documents (pictures, documents, video etc.), another 2TB for generic games & programs, 600GB Velociraptor for more demanding games, 3TB backup drive and 250GB SSD for OS. So why is this important? Because I just formatted and deleted all my up to 10-15 year old files and backups. I've set up everything perfect, and I'm installing EVERYTHING from the ground up. That's a lot of work.

Basically what I need to know is,

1: Will NMM in any way require me to re-install mods, or will it only (potentially) need a clean install of the client?

2: Is NMM in it's final coding language? referring to this: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/2814219-dev-saying-hello/

3: What is the current ETA (considering previous progress over time) for when NMM will be in *final release* so to speak?

4: Is Windows 10 currently fully supported? if not, maybe you have an ETA, or even a definitive release date?

Edited by slimsanta, 15 September 2015 - 11:42 PM.

DuskDweller

DuskDweller

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 3,091 posts

1. If you can restore the previous "Mods" and "Install Info" folders you were using for the specific game, then you can just point NMM to those when asked and keep using it as you used to. Otherwise you'll need to start from a clean install.

2. NMM will always be C#, the change in the UI won't require us to change coding language.

3. We'll have to consult the Mayan prophecies to know that :smile: (could be 1 year)

4. Fully supported (as of 0.56), if you get any issues running it on windows 10, it's not OS specific.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows 10, nmm, support

Page loaded in: 1.056 seconds