CTDs in skyrim, need help figuring out how to stabalize...

evilmoonmoose

Hello, my name is Locust Lab :wink: (my steam id, so we can talk faster, if you so need to)

I keep getting random ctds in skyrim, and its starting to rag on my nerves, however, i have no idea how to locate my issue.

so ive taken the liberty of putting a text file with everything youll need, if you want to help me, or if you want to try :smile:

the text file includes in order:

Dxdiag info (ALL OF IT)

Papyrus.0 log

Loot Load Order

Skyrim INI

Skyrimprefs INI

ENBoost INI

i am using the following programs to modify, use or endorse skyrim

Windows 10 (to even run it)

Steam skyrim version latest update

SKSE

Mod Organizer

ENBoost

they were also installed in that order.

now some back story

At first i was having a memory problem (i believe i fixed it, because ctd does not happen in menus now, it happens in skyrim world)

whenever i went into the Tanner, and looked at leathers and scrolled with mouse, instant crash....fixed this (im hoping, because no longer happens)

now skyrim just crashes randomly, with out any way for me to tell whats happening

I have over a 100 mods

skyrim runs pretty great!!!! ive never been this happy in my skyrim load, and surprisingly, before and after crashes, skyrim runs great, and im very happy with it...

so hopefully i can keep how quickly it runs, and the mods installed, except for the mods that conflict.

thank you so much for reading, and thank you more for the help!!!!!!!

this is the txt file, with all the above information stated i would supply....

Also forgot to say this!!!!! i put spoiler tags around each thing, so you know where one ends and the other begins (originally tried to put all this info into this editor, but then it kept saying it couldnt load

Edited by evilmoonmoose

safety load is installed :) ENBoost was installed too, performance isnt my issue, but i believe stability might be. also, one last question. if i use skyrim HD textures, can i put skyrim on low settings and still use them? i was wondering, because currently i get 25-30 fps constantly, and sometimes this jumps to 40 (inside caves) and 60 (inside homes) but every once in a while it drops to 12-15, and it becomes LAAAGGGY. right now i put it on medium, and i believe the texture pack is still showing. but idk....and also, is there a way to decrease lag spikes that i havent already done?

yep you can use them while it's on low (on my laptop this even gives a boost) i use skyrim 2K performance for that, i don't know how to fix the random lag spikes either, there is a mod that can give you a huge fps boost (12 fps diff) http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59305/? watch out with it tho, it made it so that i couldn't jump and had to restart (so make a backup if you want to try this), i also just found this http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/21392/?

worried about the first one you linked, seems dangerous, ive installed the FXAA booster :smile: and ive lowered my igs to low, hopefully i get around 60 fps every where(it would be nice)

Not so dangerous, just includes a bat file that literally just deletes grass textures....how wierd...could did that myself...and the person has removed the ability to add comments...even more wierd

looked at a ton of posts about it. its a sham... sadly :P

Edited by evilmoonmoose

I would suggest adding Stable uGridsToLoad. It's helped with my stability issues tremendously. You can find that mod here... http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/41592/? . You might also experiment with turning FXAA completely off. You can do that in the Settings menu of the vanilla loader by clicking the Advanced button. If you're already running graphics on low, then turning that off might actually allow you to change some settings to higher quality.

Good luck! :)