Photo

0.60 - Scripted installers (multiple choices)

nmm 0.60 scripted installers multiple options

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

Kraggy

Kraggy

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 96 posts

You maybe you can read this I'm sorry to have ever even tried to inform the staff of the NMM about anything as your all so damn incompetent that you can't read. Your half my age with better eyes than me and I can read it. Again the short way out "MODERATOR" and this is suppose to be the proper place for all of this, this is where your software sends me when I click on report. God give me a number so I can call someone and I will by God get something Done about this Lack of proper support crap going on with you, everytime I come on here your the same person doing the same thing.

You're right, that wall of texrt IS readble, it just takes a LOT of effort and I'm sure the people who could help have far better things to do than try!

If you choose not to use paragraphs and deliberatley write such a wall of text then I don't epxect you get many helpful replies.

KunoMochi

KunoMochi

Unashamed food junky

• Premium Member
  • 2,031 posts

LoganWolverine, not to be disrespectful or anything but I also found your post prior to be pretty unfriendly to human eyes. I can't imagine reading an instructional manual with that kind of formatting... :sweat:

But the main reason why is that the long post is not easy to pinpoint what your issue is and consumes a lot of valuable time to read it over when it could be invested in finding and fixing bugs. As an analogy, you'd be hard pressed to see employers be impressed by resumes and letters that look like that when they have to go through hundreds of others. The first thing they would do is throw it out at first glance.

The best format is to be succinct, clear, and direct. You get your point across with the least amount of words. Age has definitely nothing to do with it.

To sum up your post:

• Uninstalling mods does not completely delete ESP files
  • NMM crashes and generates trace log
  • Cannot upload trace log because of size limit
  • Multiple instances of files created in different locations

And the last half of your post is your thoughts on how you would handle the situation. Although I cannot solve your issues, I can help you with at least one of the points listed.

When you go to report your bug and upload the trace log, depending on how large the trace log is you can only attach a maximum of 250KB in total files (not per file, mind you). If you need or want to show the other logs, I would suggest you copy and paste them to a site like pastebin.com then link the bug report to the pastebin.com page with the trace log you uploaded.

DuskDweller

DuskDweller

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 3,091 posts
  • Uninstalling mods does not completely delete ESP files
  • NMM crashes and generates trace log
  • Cannot upload trace log because of size limit
  • Multiple instances of files created in different locations

Thank you very much for taking the time to summarize it Kuno!

1. This could mean those esps were overwritten by the mod you uninstalled, thus NMM is just restoring what was there before.

2. If it crashes follow what the crash window says and post the tracelog you get in the proper section.

3. If you can't because of size limit, follow what Kuno said, use paste.bin

4. File are not installed in different locations, only in the VirtualInstall folder, the files you see in the game's folder are not really there.

JuruXSayokaX

JuruXSayokaX

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Hello i have a problem with my skyrim body texture mods if i reinstall the nigheim race the mod menu options come up so it works but if i reinstall UNP and then no more blocky faces and then reinstall sg female texture renewal it asks to overwrite from no more blocky faces etc and i do yes to all then, is that how it works by the nmm 0.60.14 update?

But in game it looks really weird npc gets neck seams and body seams and also the XPMS skeleton stars clipping with hdt boobs but i want to know if i properly installed sg female texture renewal, no more blocky faces etc. Cant i just downgrade the update because in the previous nmm version not the 60 version, you could able to click no to install the mod normally could somebody help me? P.S. does SG female texture renewal has an mod option installer?

Thanks!

KunoMochi

KunoMochi

Unashamed food junky

• Premium Member
  • 2,031 posts

If you have one mod that use the same files as another mod, it will ask you if you want to overwrite it. The previous versions of NMM should do the same thing. It is up to you to tell NMM which files you want overwrite and which you do not.

The neck and body seams usually appear when you install one or more incompatible body and face texture mods.

The clipping could be due to the clothes not be HDT compatible or maybe you need an updated version of the skeleton (I personally use the XPMSE 3 skeleton).

If you want the install menus to pop up again, you will need to uninstall the mod (right-click on the mod and select "Uninstall Mod") then reinstall it. I don't believe SG Texture Renewal has any install menu options, though. I've just tested it myself and it was pretty much a straight install.

JuruXSayokaX

JuruXSayokaX

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

ahh ok thanks because i do have sg female texture renewal installed and no more blocky faces installed but i doubt that i have properly sg female texture renewal installed and so do i need to remove no more blocky faces?

NoVeXX

NoVeXX

• Premium Member
  • 18 posts

Oh new update?

Ok.

Install.

Blahblahblah,

next, next, I agree.

Start NMM.

Popup with holy Bibles Textblock.

Du you want to ignore the TL;DR text?

Yes, No, Cancel?

Whatever: Cancel.

NMM closes.

WTF? Ok Let's see, start NMM.

Lets see if I can figure out thet popup.

Blah new way to install mods, blah (what was wrong with the old way?) New Profile system (Who needs that anyways?) requires to uninstall all you previous mods...

Wait what?

Dude I worked 3 Weeks to get my 407 Mods and 67Gigabytes of stuff to work together.

Rest TL;DR. Assumed these are some bulls*** reasons for this.

Click on "NO" (Which I assumed meant DONT f***ing TOUCH MY CAREFULLY MIXED TOGETHER MOD MESHUPS YOU INFERNAL MACHINE OF DATAOBLITERATION).

AAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnddddd... It f***ed up everything. I just quit Skyrim. Please burn in hell.

NEXT TIME PLEASE MAKE A BIG RED BUTTON THAT SAYS: This will f*** up everything you worked so hard on making things work together. YOU SURE YOU WANT TO PROCEED?

after confirmation just make another last popup: Delete all your mods?

This update sucks. I might not really quit skyrim but I am as sure as hell quitting this infernal Modmanager of yours.

DuskDweller

DuskDweller

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 3,091 posts
*rant*

Please follow the guide here to restore your mod installation:

http://forums.nexusm...ration-process/

KunoMochi

KunoMochi

Unashamed food junky

• Premium Member
  • 2,031 posts

Also, if you want to just revert back to an older version of NMM:

For those that want to revert back to the older NMM version, check out the Spoiler box near the bottom of the this post: http://forums.nexusm...download-links/

You can restore your mods in the previous NMM by doing the following:

1. Uninstall currently installed NMM, remove all config files when asked
  2. Install a pre-0.60.x build (in my case 0.56.1)
  3. Launch 0.56.1 and go through all the setup
  4. With NMM loaded to the mod list screen, click on Tools (wrench and screwdriver icon) and select Restore Backup
  5. Find the file Backup_DONOTDELETE.zip located in the VirtualInstall folder and open it
  6. Restoration of all your mods should commence

During the restoration process, NMM will tend to install your mods in reverse order for some reason. I suggest that you double check what they are asking to overwrite before clicking on "No to Mod". Majority of it will probably be a "No to Mod" when overwriting regardless.

LoganWolverine

LoganWolverine

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 211 posts

Thank you KunoMochi For your information on how to load large crash Reports.

As to my wall of text, if everyone would read at the bottom of it I state in short If anyone has the time to read it LOL :). I was merely trying to explain as best I could all the things that were going wrong I guess I should have spread them out over several messages instead of putting them all in one.

Also I did what KunoMochi Posted here I uninstalled the new NMM and reinstalled the 0.56.1 since it works and for me I have no need for profiles.

So my apologies to all for my wall of text.

Thank you to those that have offered help on this subject. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nmm, 0.60, scripted installers, multiple options

Page loaded in: 1.201 seconds