Photo

0.60 - Scripted installers (multiple choices)

nmm 0.60 scripted installers multiple options

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

DuskDweller

DuskDweller

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 3,091 posts

Is there a way to setup NMM to not use Virtual Folder for profiles? It seems that it's not installing mods correctly and uninstalling them correctly. After updating to latest version I still crash after doing massive uninstall of profiles and it seems I am getting errors about not being able to touch virtualconfig.xml file. I am getting 3 different errors and I think this virtual folder setup is a mess. Is there any chance that there will be a version of NMM that doesn't use Profiles? 

First error: Unhandled Exception 1

Spoiler

2nd Error: Undhandled Exception 2
Spoiler

3rd Error: Unhandled Exception 3
Spoiler

Wrong place, you need to open a report in this section of the forum (can't move topic or posts in there): http://forums.nexusm...ager-open-beta/

HolyDeath3000

HolyDeath3000

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 865 posts

Wrong place, you need to open a report in this section of the forum (can't move topic or posts in there): http://forums.nexusm...ager-open-beta/

Okay I will go ahead and do that :). I saw similar posts for that particular issue and I did attach my tracelogs in those topics.

RetroDaddy

RetroDaddy

RetroDaddy

• Premium Member
  • 688 posts

The new NMM version changes the way mods are installed.

If you want to change the options for scripted installers you need to uninstall them (just as before), otherwise NMM will remember what you chose to be active in each profile and automatically restore it:
Uninstall is no longer achieved by double-clicking on a mod (that will just disable it, thus removing their link to the game's Data folder).
To uninstall a mod you need to right-click on it and select one of the 2 Uninstall options.
Now, if you reinstall it you'll get the usual scripted installer menus.

This is not an issue, but working as intended.

I understand this, I just don't want to have to download it again and again, There should be a way to simply reinstall it using the mods scripted installer.  I know that NMM isn't broken in this way, I'd just like a new feature.

Phil

DuskDweller

DuskDweller

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 3,091 posts

The new NMM version changes the way mods are installed.

If you want to change the options for scripted installers you need to uninstall them (just as before), otherwise NMM will remember what you chose to be active in each profile and automatically restore it:
Uninstall is no longer achieved by double-clicking on a mod (that will just disable it, thus removing their link to the game's Data folder).
To uninstall a mod you need to right-click on it and select one of the 2 Uninstall options.

I understand this, I just don't want to have to download it again and again, There should be a way to simply reinstall it using the mods scripted installer.  I know that NMM isn't broken in this way, I'd just like a new feature.

Phil

You don't have to, the uninstall button is in the right-click context menu.

KunoMochi

KunoMochi

Unashamed food junky

• Premium Member
  • 2,031 posts

Uninstalling a mod will leave the mod archive intact and therefore you will not be required to re-download the mod again.

The only time that you would need to re-download the mod is if you were to choose the "Delete mod (permanently) and uninstall." option. :)

http://i.imgur.com/n13rGJZ.jpg

Xeneonic

Xeneonic

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Nope, doesn't work.

I'm using the latest, 0.61.9 version. The XML files are indeed not removed upon the proper uninstalling (Explained in your quote above)

In the meantime we fix this, if you're affected by this issue, you can manually fix it by:

Uninstall the mod right-clicking on it and selecting "Uninstall Mod"

Go in the: Mods/ModProfiles/{randomProfileID}/Scripted folder

If there's an xml file for that mod, manually delete it then retry installing it.

Also if this happens to you, please report down here which mod is that and what's your antivirus (security suite).

This doesn't work either. Uninstalling the mod properly, then locating the XML files and deleting those will not help. I do not know if it _remembers_ my settings in the scripted installer or not, but I DO know the scripted installer never pops up anymore after the first install. On top of that, the location where these XML files are located totally do not match your description. My XML files are located in: Nexus Mod Manager\Fallout4\Install Info\Scripted.

I also carefully made sure there's no other XML files left for said mods. I tried these scripted installers (For Fallout 4): Crafting Workbenches, Armorsmith Extended and Legendary Modification among others. None of them pop up after the initial scripted installer using your explained uninstall method.

P.S. your quote system is absolutely terrible. I try to be constructive, but it's mind bogglingly bad in that I've never seen anything remotely resembling this on any other forum I've been on. Sometimes pressing [ENTER] in non-quoted spaces only enlarges and repeats the quotes, removing text in the first quote may remove text in the second quote etc. What's so hard about letting people do things like [.quote=DuskDweller (Or whatever userID instead of name to properly tag them)] *Copy paste text here* [./quote] instead of this semi automated terribleness?

Edit: after posting this the second quote section just evaporated. I'll just give up.

Edited by Xeneonic, 31 January 2016 - 12:58 PM.

KunoMochi

KunoMochi

Unashamed food junky

• Premium Member
  • 2,031 posts

When you right-click on the mod and select "Uninstall or Delete" > "From all profiles/From only this profile", does it get greyed out with no icon (signifies that it is uninstalled) or does it retain a red circle with a slash through it (signifying that it is disabled, and not uninstalled)?

Have you tried uninstalling NMM, remove all config files then reinstall it and test if it still does it afterwards?

Xeneonic

Xeneonic

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

When you right-click on the mod and select "Uninstall or Delete" > "From all profiles/From only this profile", does it get greyed out with no icon (signifies that it is uninstalled) or does it retain a red circle with a slash through it (signifying that it is disabled, and not uninstalled)?

It is clearly uninstalled. There's no red circle with a slashthrough like you're saying (As that only happens when you double click it) and the text turns from black to soft grey.

I did not try uninstalling NMM.

I installed the mods a couple of times (without the scripted installer thing as that didn't work), uninstalled (the mods) a couple of times, removed the xml files of those mods and restarted NMM a couple of times. Eventually (Talking of at least 4-6 attempts) I managed to get the scripted installer to work again. I do not remember in what order I did these to fix the issue, but I'm not going to uninstall the mods again to try to find out unless I absolutely have to (Such as for official patches)

I use Windows 10 and have used NMM for a couple of years (I think it was around end 2011 for Skyrim?) and I've never had an issue like this.

I don't see why the devs of the tool have to violate the "If it isn't broken, don't fix it" rule/"guideline" every 6-9 months or so as I've had a couple of issues in the past but were relatively easily fixed with wiki pages and a bit of research. This one just stuck a very long time for me and I'm surprised I managed to get it fixed. If it happens again, I have no idea how to fix it.

At this point though, manually installing it seems to be less of a hassle (And less prone to error if the end-user is capable) than using the NMM client. And with that I think the devs have done the opposite of what the client was supposed to do (And did great for a couple of years).

DuskDweller

DuskDweller

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 3,091 posts

Read the first post please.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nmm, 0.60, scripted installers, multiple options

Page loaded in: 2.993 seconds