DLC Mounts Bug

DarNilavu

So I've recently accumulated a game-crashing glitch. Whenever the Red Hart is set as my mount, if I call it on the frield my game instantly stops responding and I have to close it out via task manager. It does this in all regions with all characters. All other mounts work normally (even other DLC mounts such as the barder charger and the bog unicorn).

I've repaired game, used previous saves, done everything I can think of with no change. Anyone else have this issue? I'm running the latest patch, latest version of DAI mod manager

These are the mods I have installed currently though none of them should affect mounts.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of them should be causing a crash, especially since most of them are cosmetic, but everyone's game is different and mods that may work for one person, may not work for another. It's one of the downsides to using mods, even though mods are awesome. :smile:

My guess would be that it's one of the mods that changes the game's scripts. Have you tried removing the mods that change scripts (assuming that the crash doesn't occur once you've removed all of those mods) and adding them back in one by one to find the culprit? It could be only one of them, or it could be that it's a combination of two of the mods that's causing the error. It's a time consuming process, but the only thing I can think of that might help in solving your issue.

None of them should be causing a crash, especially since most of them are cosmetic, but everyone's game is different and mods that may work for one person, may not work for another. It's one of the downsides to using mods, even though mods are awesome. :smile:

My guess would be that it's one of the mods that changes the game's scripts. Have you tried removing the mods that change scripts (assuming that the crash doesn't occur once you've removed all of those mods) and adding them back in one by one to find the culprit? It could be only one of them, or it could be that it's a combination of two of the mods that's causing the error. It's a time consuming process, but the only thing I can think of that might help in solving your issue.

whelp, just ran the game with all mods disabled and even removed mod manager for good measure and the freeze remains the same. At least I know for sure it's not mod related at this point. I might have to wait for a new patch unless someone else is experiencing similar issues at this point.

Not sure if it was caused by the latest patch or not. I cant remember if the last time I tried out the Red Hart was before or after the latest patch dropped. I can live without having it as my mount but now Im just curious as to what's causing this freeze. Windows just gives me this

+ System

- Provider

[ Name] Windows Error Reporting

- EventID 1001

[ Qualifiers] 0

Level 4

Task 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2015-07-27T01:17:13.000000000Z

EventRecordID 6315

Channel Application

Computer MemeMachine

Security

- EventData

AppHangB1

Not available

DragonAgeInquisition.exe

558da360

dab9

C:\Users\x\AppData\Local\Temp\WERC92E.tmp.appcompat.txt C:\Users\xAppData\Local\Temp\WERCB70.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

C:\Users\x\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\Critical_DragonAgeInquisi_0e29a5e1806bec3f78ccbc943fca44ee71497_01ffcf65

346bef51-33fd-11e5-8624-3cd92b5f0725

Edited by Thandal

Did you delete the Patch_ModManagerMerged folder completely before repairing and running the game?

Also, when you say you disabled the mods: did you remove the mods completely from your mod folder and then merge again, or did you just disable them in mod manager?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just an update on this: with the recent game update I'm still experiencing this freeze. Not only that, now its with -wait for it- ALL DLC MOUNTS. Even the ones from the spoils dlcs. I've removed mods, deleted the folder from the update files, even deleted and reinstalled mod manager and its the same story all around.

I even made a new file and tried it and same story.

I'm thinking of submitting a ticket to the company if anything else at this point.