DLC Mounts Bug

DarNilavu

is it all dlc mounts now? or just red? as i'm now suffering this freeze issue.

---edit

nm, it's all dlc mounts... at least for me.

Edited by Invisible Man

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having the same problem. I played the game sometime ago (around 3-4 months) and the problem only happens on my recent playthrough , it must be patch related.

Edited by Lombus

Hi all!

I use loads of mods. Before trespasser DLC mounts worked just fine, now they crash the whole game anytime I try to summon one. Normal mounts work fine.

Just wondering if anyone else has ad this issue and what the culprit was and/or a way to fix it. I really don't want to re-install a clean game just for DLC mounts, just to have mods break it again.

Thanks!

Well, now I'm tempted to uninstall/reinstall and try it out and see. It just takes sooooooooooooooooo long to download from origins. IS there anyway to salvage ANY of the data on the machine or is the only way complete delete?

Adding mods one by one is not what I will consider a fun day either. haha. :P

• 4 weeks later...

Still waiting to hear from someone experiencing this issue who has NEVER modded the game (or who has done a complete un-/re-install from scratch and started a NEW game.)

So far, only people who modded their games are reporting this problem, even if they went back and removed (or at least disabled) the mods. The FB3 engine and DAI saves are tricky beasts. The ways they interact are complex. And once something has gone sideways with either, fixing it can be a painful process.

BelleGrace seems to come the closest, but can't tell if that was an attempt to load a previous save after the reinstall...

I installed windows 10 + patch 11 and DLC mounts are working again. I never uninstalled the game, and in fact, I have added more mods since I reported last.

This is the first time I've checked since patch 11, so I don't know if it's that or Win 10 that helped my situation. Or maybe it was neither and just luck?

• 4 weeks later...