Anyone else notice the lack necromancy mods as of late? I mean there are plenty of spell mods, quests, and good scipteing mods being pumped out daily, but it's like necromancy has been wiped of the map.

This is strange to me as we all know there's a fanbase out there frankly starving for more, the popularity of undeath and corpse preparation are proof enough of that. So why no necromancy mods? heck there aren't even mods that pretend to be necromancy mods anymore, you know the mods that would put a new summoned skeleton or two into a mod and call itself necromancer's ultimate edition or something.

I really wish there was a Real Necromancy mod out there, were it's not just about raising one or two undead, but instead about researching the dirty secrets of magic and forbidden knowledge to make yourself a more powerful mage.

What most people seem to forget is that necromancy isn't about being a regular mage that raises one minion and lives in a cave for no reason, it's about devoting yourself to learning about ALL aspects of magic, making deals with deadra, taking knowledge from the souls of the dead, perfecting every magic, and finding immortality. That's why Mannimarco was so terrifying, he wasn't just some cavedweller with a minion or two, he was the overlord of armies of the dead and a mage with more knowledge and magical power than any archmage in the world. That's how he could ascent to godhood.

Sorry, I got a little ranty there didn't I?

Point:I just wanted a mod that allowed you to progress as a necromancer, like what vile art of necromancy and psikotics necromancy mod were trying to do before they got abandoned. Were you start out as a no-name and end being a necromancer lord able to command powerful undead minions.

I love that mod.

I just wish there was something out there more to scale with being a vampire or werewolf in a modded game. where you progress over time becoming stronger and better at using your abilities, taking on modded boss after modded boss until the day where you stand before the steps of sanctum of the fallen or the portal of skaldofn (world eater beater and violet aduin legendary edition with a self made patch), and you walk in confidently as your minion trip over themselves in excitement before the final battle.(and possibly getting dog-stomped because ASIS glitched and the final boss unlocks his super-omega form after being given spells/perks from inferno, colorful magic, and requiem)

Edited by LEGENDSOFMAGNUS7

Mannimarco became a god because he used the Mantella to do it which was given to him by the Agent of Daggerfall, it had nothing to do with his necromancy, also necromancy is about raising the dead but how much power can a zombie or skeleton really have? you would be better off with a living army as most undead are quite weak and those undead who are powerful can't be controlled by a Necromancer.

Edited by tx12001

try tis mods , you have the old and the new ,

the old mod - http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/16394/?

the new - http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25024/?tab=3&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmodimages%2F%3Fuser%3D0%26id%3D25024%26gid%3D110

the new mod include the innovative research system in one black temple laboratory