FO3 The Pitt Opening a new area issue

NCRForever

So, I have opened up a new area using the GECK and since the new area overlaps the heavy radiation water area near the bridge, the entire area is a death trap. Rads reach well over 150 in less than 3 seconds. I have tried removing the rads from the area in the GECK, but to no avail. What am I doing wrong? Should I make a new world space for it even though I want it as existing? I tried removing all the radiated water and that caused too many issues. Any help would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

When you say "remove", what do you mean? Did you make the radiation marker "initially disabled"? Sorry if I'm stating the obvious, but don't delete anything in the vanilla DLC, always use the initially disabled tickbox then add back in the stuff you want. i.e. a new radiation marker with less rads.

Edited by tirnoney

Rather set the enable parent to opposite state, and use the player as the parent. This works better, especially if an esm is altering another one, it's will help prevent "junknado".

There are quite a few rad markers out in the water on either side of the bridge with a radius of 5000 and 1000 rads/sec , these are the ones that basically insta kill the player.

Thanks. I tried disabling the original rad marker and added in a new one, that caused some glitching that I didn't want to deal with. So, I did as you recommended Roy. Took me awhile to figure it out though. I still have some issues with doing it that way, but I think it's more of another mod not working well with mine. Same could be said with what tirnoney recommended. Thanks again you two.

Edited by NCRForever