• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

VulcanTourist

VulcanTourist

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

I can't help you, since my original post in this thread so long ago was also the end of me playing Skyrim.  I had spent two years refining and perfecting my assemblage of mods, and then an earlier update version of Nexus Mod Manager took it all away from me in just a handful of heartbeats.  If I ever play Skyrim again, including SE, it will be because they have finally released the new Vortex(?) offspring of Mod Organizer.

You certainly don't help yourself or anyone by using expletives.  I wasn't kind in my criticism either, but resorting to screaming and cussing invites the same in return.

PcFreaky99

PcFreaky99

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

I have the same problem but even worse.

I have the latest version installed, but now and then (happened 5 times now) when installing a mod NMM freezes, and then crashes my whole pc.

When I restart and open nmm again I get the window too, telling me to reinstall all my mods or go f*** myself.

I noticed it somehow corrupts my user.config file in AppData\Local\Black_Tree_Gaming\NexusClient.exe_Url_qlzwnpope2ydmf0nubtqgfrh5ww42ixe\0.63.17.0 and then thinks I have an older version even though I have the newest version installed, forcing me to completely reinstall 200+ mods taking more than 20 hours for me to get all compatible.

I am beyond pissed, I have wasted 100 hours or so because this piece of s*** software doesnt even let you skip an update.

I tried switching to MO already, but because it is all handled with different folders some necessary mods dont work for me.

fix

this.

Edited by PcFreaky99, 13 January 2018 - 11:28 PM.

pvdl171112

pvdl171112

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Today its happening again, NMM decides its time to update, wether I awant or need that or not and screw up my whole game and mod setup in the process just for the hell of it. Seriously why do I not get to choose NO I dont need an update and especially not when it means to uninstall my 250+ mods ???!! I made an update of my data folder now its the only way, but still now I have to wait until it uninstalls all my mods and then copy the data backup back into my skyrim folder. And all the fuzz just because of some update that I would like to avoid. Thanks for that... Despite the fact that NMM sucks compared to mod organizer, its not even abled to not piss me off with these updates that keep f***ing with my game. Excuse my language, but it really makes me sick every time I am forced to update, it simply sucks.

pvdl171112

pvdl171112

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

I dont get why the devs of NMM dont fix this, obviously it pisses of quite a few users and there are probablky many more out there who have the same problem and dont post about it. Its simply cancerous if a software forces you to update and in the process uninstalls all your mods, thats more than inconvenient. If this wont be fixed now and by now I think this is my last day of using shitty NMM. And I hope noone uses it anymore in a few months and people switch to Mod organizer. Devs should be ashamed for not fixing this, its just beyond my comprehension how one can be such a c*** when people complain all the time and have good reason to.

pvdl171112

pvdl171112

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

updates for a software that you can´t simply ignore, if you feel you don´t need or want them :down:

Edited by pvdl171112, 13 March 2018 - 12:04 AM.

VulcanTourist

VulcanTourist

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

I dont get why the devs of NMM dont fix this, obviously it pisses of quite a few users and there are probablky many more out there who have the same problem and dont post about it. Its simply cancerous if a software forces you to update and in the process uninstalls all your mods, thats more than inconvenient. If this wont be fixed now and by now I think this is my last day of using shitty NMM. And I hope noone uses it anymore in a few months and people switch to Mod organizer. Devs should be ashamed for not fixing this, its just beyond my comprehension how one can be such a c*** when people complain all the time and have good reason to.

I was critical of Nexus Mod Manager earlier in this thread, but the criticism is moot because it's DEPRECATED software.  The Nexus team is in fact doing something about it: the solution is called Vortex, a new mod manager redesigned from the ground up.  The lead engineer is the same person who single-handedly developed Mod Organizer; that's right, had you been paying attention, Nexus HIRED HIM.  From what I understand, Vortex is nearly ready for alpha testing.

Your nasty complaining full of expletives is pointless and unconstructive, especially now.

aaronth07

aaronth07

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

For me, it would let me download any mods from Nexus until I updated. There was also no warning, and when I tell it to reinstall it gets stuck. This means that there is no possible way for me to use NMM and MO doesn't work correctly for me. Manually installing the mods also gets very messy very fast, so this new update doesn't allow me to play modded Skyrim at all.

VulcanTourist

VulcanTourist

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

For me, it would let me download any mods from Nexus until I updated. There was also no warning, and when I tell it to reinstall it gets stuck. This means that there is no possible way for me to use NMM and MO doesn't work correctly for me. Manually installing the mods also gets very messy very fast, so this new update doesn't allow me to play modded Skyrim at all.

https://www.nexusmods.com/site/mods/1

pvdl171112

pvdl171112

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

I wonder how many people actually quit playing skyrim thanks to these updates. I have spent the past few months trying to get it to run again like it used to. I have to conclude that I have failed miserably and that I will never be abled to play skyrim on my pc with more than 100 mods. I used to be able to play it with 250 mods, performance wasnt that great of an issue, had tweaked the inis over years, to make it work perfectly with my modlist.

No matter how often I completely uninstall the game and make a clean install and try and get my old setup back, it just doesnt work out  greatly anymoire. For 4 years I had tweaked the s*** out of this game and used so many amazing mods that made the game so much fun to play.

Thank you so much for ruining 4 years of dedication and spending hours in my f***ing room for nothing. For me the last time I enjoyed playing this game was about half a year ago, ever since then nothuing but frustration thanks to the update. I will delete the game and maybe in a few years if I am still interested I will reinstall it and give another mod manager a go. Nexus mod manager is columbian necktie dead to me.

Page loaded in: 0.694 seconds