Boss Health Bars Will Not Appear (HELP PLEASE)

So when I had this issue originally, it was with the griffin. But I was able to cure that by disabling my mod list. I'm now faced with the same issue while fighting the golem. Except even with all of my mods disabled, it still has an empty health bar and won't die! Can anyone please shed some light on this issue for me?

Active Mods:

http://i.imgur.com/o6MrfyB.png

Example of enemy with no health but unkillable at the start of the fight:
http://i.imgur.com/o2PrmZm.jpg

I stumbled upon your post whilst in search for a solution to this and your the only other person that I have found with this issue. Unfortunately I seem to be having the same problem... It's strange since actually I didn't really have a issue with beating the Griffin, nor have I had any other issues with boss NPCs until I arrived at the Golem fight during the Wandering in the Dark quest. I've had the same short list of mods throughout my entire playthrough and I haven't changed anything around since I started. I also tried uninstalling all of the mods from my copy of Witcher 3 and reloading an earlier save, doing that entire quest over but still the problem persists. I even went so far as to use console commands to try and kill the Golem but not even that worked. I'm gonna try unistalling my copy of Witcher 3 and doing a completely fresh install with no mods to see if that solves anything, however I feel that this problem may be effecting my save file for some reason so I'm not sure if that will even do anything. I'll get back to you if I figure anything out.

Okay so doing a fresh vanilla install didn't really do anything when I just reloaded a save directly before the fight with the Golem... However when I went back again (like I did before) to an earlier save before the start of the Wandering in the Dark quest and played back through it, that seemed to do the trick. As to whether or not using a mod caused the issue I cant really say. The only mod I was using that effected combat was Ultra Gore 2. My guess is that maybe one of the mods I installed may have effected my save file, when I saved before the Golem fight while on that quest. That may explain why every time I tried reloading that save before the fight, the same problem would occur. Even with no mods installed. Oddly enough though, after I killed the Golem, I exited the game, reinsalled all my mods and then continued on to the second boss fight in that same quest with Nithral. That seemed to go just fine with no health glitch whatsoever. So all be it a bit of a hassle I would try maybe doing what I did... Do a fresh install of Witcher 3 with no mod, load an eariler save and play back through the quest up until you get to the boss fight with the Golem, reinstall all your mods and then continue on and hope the problem doesn't arise again... Wish I could give a more definitive solution to the problem but as I cant really pinpoint exactly what causes it, we may just have to settle for this workaround for now. If I learn more I will definitely keep you updated.

Edited by truedarkzero2

Same problem here today. None of the saves worked. No automatic or manual or checkpoint. Only solution was pulling the mods folder to the desktop and playing this part without mods.

If this happens again I've to disable mod by mod to find the reason.

http://img253.imagevenue.com/loc185/th_454530596_capture_20150928_172725_122_185lo.jpg

So I haven't fully tested this but I think it has something to do with the Lore-Friendly Silver Swords mod. It would seem that the second half of the mod, Feel the Steel, may in fact be what was causing the health glitch. This would make sense seeing as this is the only mod I was using that alters any of the enemies health scripts, changing which enemies are effected by steel swords and which aren't. After deleting "modFeelTheSteel" from my mods folder, I haven't ran into the glitch since. If you're still having problems with this glitch I would try deleting the FeelTheSteel portion of Lore-Friendly Silver Swords from your mods folder.

Hope that helps! :blush:

So I haven't fully tested this but I think it has something to do with the Lore-Friendly Silver Swords mod. It would seem that the second half of the mod, Feel the Steel, may in fact be what was causing the health glitch. This would make sense seeing as this is the only mod I was using that alters any of the enemies health scripts, changing which enemies are effected by steel swords and which aren't. After deleting "modFeelTheSteel" from my mods folder, I haven't ran into the glitch since. If you're still having problems with this glitch I would try deleting the FeelTheSteel portion of Lore-Friendly Silver Swords from your mods folder.

Hope that helps! :blush:

THANKS! This is what made it impossible for me to kill the Griffin. All I did was deactivate the "Lore-Friendly Silver Swords" mod and POOF! Instant Griffin health bar! I was able to continue with no problems what so ever. Did not have to play around with save files or anything else.

Edited by Kahbrohn

• 2 weeks later...