raserhead

So after the new version of NMM came out it said I had to redo all my mod installations, which I was fine with doing.

Spent a couple hours sorting everything out to finally finish, so I booted it up, started a new game to check things were alright before loading my save to be slapped with an awfully obvious incorrect texture

on my character's hands. After doing everything I thought would work, I came here for help.

Using Ningheim custom race. CBBE with fair skin complexion,

Npc's are CBBE too but use this texture http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/4686/?.

I've checked the Nif's in Nifscope, all the ningheim meshes point to the ningheim textures, I've tried just reinstalling ningheim textures and then reinstalling ningheim entirely, tried it without changing anything after reinstalling and still got the same problem. I have another custom race in, succubus race, doesn't have the problem and vanilla races don't have the problem either.

Skyrim is on the latest version with all official DLC's, SKSE is 1.7.3 I believe, I've got LOOT and wryebash handling my load order and patches with TES5edit for cleaning, my load order is rather large but I can't see much that would affect something like this so unless it's REALLY needed I'll hold off. Running Phinix natural ENB pretty heavily modified to suit what I like.

Here's some screenshots,

http://prntscr.com/8jn4eg

http://prntscr.com/8jn4ti

http://prntscr.com/8jn5do

Don't know why the quality went so crappy in those.

Anywho, if I've missed any information that's needed just ask and any help figuring out what I've missed would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks!

NNM maybe getting the install wrong.

Install the mod manually. Use a dds viewer to make sure you are using the right hand texture.

Nifscope is not really a help since only the name assignment is used. For example you can use the CBBE Ningheim meshes & textures with any follower as long as they are CBBE. Only changing their name will stop them from working.

Also if you haven't all ready, start a new save just to check out the hands. I have never gotten a texture bug with Ningheim but I have with other races.

Later

That WAS a new save, and install what mod manually?

The texture replacement for ningheim was manual.

I have checked the textures in a dds viewer, they're the same as what I have in the original package and in the ningheim files themselves.

1. You should remove the link to that mod and just mention the mod by name. It's an adult mod and those kinds of mods should not be linked in these forums.

2. It definitely seems like a conflict in texture mods... I don't know what body texture mods you current have installed but I would suggest trying to uninstall all of them then install them back one at a time and see what is making it do that.

3. The first two screenshots make it look like you are running Skyrim on a potato... XD

I linked to it because it doesn't even have a name, it's just called "(some list of body types) texture".

I don't get how it could be a conflict in texture though, it only affects one race and even without replacing anything, it still does it and the meshes all take their textures from the ningheim folder.

Don't dis my potato.

• 2 years later...

Sorry for the thread necromancy, but for what it's worth. I fixed this issue. If you have RaceMenu installed, there is a tab toward the very end of the character creation menu called 'hand paint'. Sometimes, dependent on the race/preset etc, there is a texture that is applied there that discolours the hand, either remove it or set the alpha to 0% and your problem should be fixed.