• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have patch 11 and mod manager v 1.0.0.59
and i tried to force rescan patch
but still didnt work
i need help.. T_T
Exception message: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Bioware\Dragon Age Inquisition\Update\Patch_ModManagerMerge\Data' is denied.
Source: mscorlib
Target: Void WinIOError(Int32, System.String)
StrackTrace:
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, Object dirSecurityObj, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectoryHelper(String path, Boolean checkHost)
at DAIModManager.MainWindow.PrepareDirectory(String directoryName, ModJob basePatchModJob, Dictionary`2 modResources, String patchDataPath, DAIToc& layoutToc)
at DAIModManager.MainWindow.BGWorker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)
guys help me pls...
T_T

try to run as admin and see if it works

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Seems we found a workaround to this "access denied" issue elsewhere (if not exactly an explanation). Try selecting your dragon age inquisition installation folder and making sure it and the folders underneath it are toggled read/write instead of just read-only.

That's assuming you've done the usual reinstall of mod manager and ticked "Force rescan of Patch" first.

I also had a problem with merging mods. Tried everything, nothing helped. Thanks to tirnoney's advise I'm able to use mods now. So everyone who has a similar problem - follow the advise.

• 5 weeks later...

I may be a little late to this party but I've been having some similar errors.

I'll go in the order I sort of did things;

I followed this helpful tutorial and all was going well. I downloaded the correct versions for this laptop and I was able to download the mods and pop them in the correct folders and such. When I first Merged, I had a lot of warnings, e.g;

[08/12/2016 15:11] *** Warning: da3/actors/baseheads/hair/textures/hair_straight_thick_dfrom mod SK_DF_Ponytail with Bangs N Braids overridden by SK_EF_Ponytail with Bangs N Braids

[08/12/2016 15:11] *** Warning: da3/actors/baseheads/hair/textures/hair_straight_thick_nfrom mod SK_DF_Ponytail with Bangs N Braids overridden by SK_EF_Ponytail with Bangs N Braids

Despite this, I was successful the first time and the game loaded up with no problems. I had everything on Ultra settings and it did run slower than usual but nothing I couldn't handle. After I created a character, I had the major bug where I got stuck in the fade after the intro cut scene. I was aware of this bug beforehand so I wasn't phased but I knew it was an issue, either with my settings or my mods.

So, I obviously exited to the main menu, lowered my settings (except for the Mesh Quality, that stayed on Ultra), and then I quit the game.

So I went back to the ModManager to try and find out what was corrupting what mod etc. I disabled some HD texture mods and tried to Merge again. That's when I came across this error for the first time:

[08/12/2016 14:10] Task failed. Error reported was: Exception message: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index Source: mscorlib Target: Void ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(System.ExceptionArgument, System.ExceptionResource) StrackTrace: at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource) at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index) at DAIModManager.MainWindow.BGWorker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e) at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e) at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

I figured it was now something to do with the bug and some dodgy files now in the mix. So I copied all my mods onto USB stick and deleted the Merged folder that appears after merging inside the Update folder.

So after this I repaired the game through Origin and made sure for definite it was all up to date. I disabled all the mods and re-read through the descriptions of the mods I had already downloaded and there weren't any obvious out of date ones so I had to make some guesses.

Back to the drawing board, shall we say. I went through each of my mods on the ModManager and noticed that I had two Official Patches. One placed at the top of the list and then one in the middle of the list. The difference between these two is; one is unmovable, it won't go up or down in the list and the other one can.

I knew that this second one must've been created by me and previously merging, I couldn't figure out why but there we go. So, I tried to merge with no mods and just the first Official Patch, the one at the top of the list. It was successful. I had a feeling that I was onto a winner with this one.

So I repeated the process of removing the Merged folder in the Update folder and enabled all the mods except for the ones I thought could possibly be out of date and the HD textures on eyes ALSO WITHOUT THE SECOND OFFICIAL PATCH MOD.

I had some *** Warnings again but this time it was successful!

I restarted the game and vuala! It worked and it wasn't bugging anymore.

I'm not sure what exactly fixed it and stopped the bug but I hope this helps someone!

Merging just the first official patch, then enabling the mods worked for me, when nothing else did. Thank you so, so much! <3

• 1 month later...

hmm, did you ever used the ModManager before or is that rather new for you? I ask because you get such this error if you choose the wrong folder / path.

I've used it before. The path is correct; the merged folder even shows up in the patch directory.

gracias m funciono

• 5 weeks later...

i have patch 11 and mod manager v 1.0.0.59
and i tried to force rescan patch
but still didnt work
i need help.. T_T
Exception message: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Bioware\Dragon Age Inquisition\Update\Patch_ModManagerMerge\Data' is denied.
Target: Void WinIOError(Int32, System.String)
StrackTrace:
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, Object dirSecurityObj, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectoryHelper(String path, Boolean checkHost)
at DAIModManager.MainWindow.PrepareDirectory(String directoryName, ModJob basePatchModJob, Dictionary`2 modResources, String patchDataPath, DAIToc& layoutToc)
guys help me pls...
T_T

Okay, so I'm years too late to this party, but this is, I think, the solution I found to this problem. At least for me, anyway.

Because I was new to the game and modding (just got the game recently), so my update folder lack the Patch_ModManagerMerge folder, and the modder just won't create the damn folder for some reason while saying that it can't read the folder.

So I checked the box to have the merged files be created in a folder named Patch_ModManagerMerge in another location (I put it on my desktop). It merged just fine with no error message. Then, I just place the folder into C:\Program Files (x86)\Bioware\Dragon Age Inquisition\Update.

And my game is running fine. I still don't know if the mod I installed works since it's a plot related one and not an appearance mod so I can't tell until later. But the no error message is a goo sign, I think. Hope this help.

Oh, I also used the 32 bit DAI mod manager. Not sure if it makes a difference, but try it in case the 64 bit doesn't work.

• 4 weeks later...

Edit 2: Disgregard this. Turns out there were two duplicate "official patch" entries in the list. That was throwing up the error. Can't believe it took my this long to notice them. Too bad I can't get to the Black Emporium but hopefully there isn't anything too interesting in there.

I hadn't used my gaming PC in over a year but I just decided to play DAI again. I started it up and had a save right at the start with a character I liked the look of so I decided to carry on from there. When I got to the war table I tried to go to the Black Emporium but it would freeze while loading. I googled it and found out certain mods cause that. Then I found the Mod Manager and disabled a few mods that changed the MC's appearance (I'd noticed she had modded hair).

Thing is, the mod manager got an error message, something about the index. The merge wasn't completed yet it messed something up because I couldn't load my save because it was from the wrong version (as in, a modded version, obviously). I messed around a bit but couldn't get it to work. I repaired the installation then tried disabling ALL mods - the merge worked this time. So then I tried re-enablng the mods - same error again. Oddly I could load my save, free of mods, without getting the wrong version error message. The catch is my Inquisitor looks ridiculous now so I don't want to carry on with it as it is.

Right now I'm redownloading the whole game rather than just repairing it. If this doesn't work, is there anything else I could try?

Edit: So after reinstalling everything, the mod manager still gives out the same error message. Any idea what's going on here?

Edited by Tropxe

• 3 months later...

I'm having the same problem someone else did way long ago.

I wanted the Multi Romance Mod (MRM mod) for Dragon Age Inquisition. The first time I merged the mods, everything went fine. However, I tried to add the Solas Romance mod and that's when I got this error:

Exception message: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
Target: Void ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(System.ExceptionArgument, System.ExceptionResource)
StrackTrace:
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
--
I tried removing the Solas mod but now, even with it gone, I'm still getting this same error. Also, I haven't gone far enough in the game to figure out the mods I merged previously is actually working (that I can flirt with aaaaaanyone I want).
I tried deleting the Patch Mod Manager Merge folder from the game directory and Force Rescan of Patch on the manager client. However, I'm still getting this error. Also, once I started getting this error, the mod manager is no longer writing the Patch Mod Manager Merge folder onto the main game directory, so the merge is completely not working. (Good thing I kept a copy of the folder just in case it holds the mods that still work.)
Could someone please help?
Edited by cinderfallen