[HELP] Always crashing 15min after launching Skyrim; maybe SKSE?

andr920

yeah i accidentally deleted important windows files before that caused certain games to not launch. not crashing just wouldnt launch period. Computer operated fine the games just wouldnt launch. Never could figure out what i was missing so i did a complete format and reinstall of windows. Glad i did cause now everything works and my performance is better.

Guess if all else fails you can try that. But i know its a royal pain.

I run Windows 10 and Skyrim runs just fine. Do you use an ENB or at least the ENBoost part of it?

Everything is in the main post. No I don't use the ENB and yes I tried with ENBoost but if something as simple as SKSE+SkyUI crashes 80% of the time then it is irrelevant.

From what I know Windows 10 doesn't have any issues with running Skyrim or SKSE, thanks for confirming.

Like I said the crashes are not 100% of the time.
Example : right now I have maybe 10 mods and I don't see skyrim crashing.

This is really convoluted and I still haven't found out what actually causes it. I do know for a fact that it is not anything I mentioned in the main post's what it isn't section.
Truly vanilla also crashed a few times but other times it doesn't crash.

I did however notice that a reboot of my system seems to positively affect the chance of surviving past that 15min mark. But this is not confirmed yet and I don't really have statistics but it's still a tendency.

• 4 weeks later...

So, have you found a solution to this problem yet? My game started crashing 15 minutes in every single time (playing/on the main menu/whatever) and I'm starting to loose my mind. Vanilla seems to work but not through MO. I've completely reinstalled Skyrim and no improvement. ENB/ENBoost doesn't seem to make a difference. In one of your "working" posts you mentioned compressing textures which I'm not familiar with, so that's something worth trying. I'm also on Windows 10 but it worked fine for several weeks before this issue started so I don't see how that could be the culprit. I also tried disabling the 15 minute autosave in the ini files but that had no effect. Are there any other every-15-minute processes that happen in the background?

Thanks and sorry for the ramble,

-Eplov

possible solution :

Read the thread about running skyrim skse on windows 10

make sure windows permissions AND compatability are set correctly

ensure you dont have a dirty texturemod install OR any conflicting mods

the numbers you gave out on memblock log also looked kinda backwards to me

logging of blocks enabled
logging max values only
Timer disabled
Block1 Block2
512MB 256MB

should read like that?

also it pays to check your INI sometimes because a auto generated one may not have specific tweaks required

for example Skyrim will crash if [Grass] section is not set right running SFO ( EXAMPLE )

Edited by Demonikone

I'm also crashing at 15 minutes precisely - but only when using Skyrim Performance Monitor.

I can play a fully modded and enb'd game without Performance Monitor, but I can't play even with only the unofficial patches with Performance Monitor.

I'm not convinced it's Skyim Performance Monitor's fault, as I've used it before and been fine - but I'm getting errors in my Windows Application log relating to dlls used for hardware monitoring, so something's not playing nicely. (I'm on Windows 10 too)

Do you stop crashing if you launch from MO without Performance Monitor?