Installing KotOR and KotOR 2 on Windows 10 64 bit.

FMPhoenixHawk

New machine, was looking to install these again after watching some YouTube videos and the Steam notice that they have the TSL Restored mod as part of their version. I have both the original instal discs and the collection (Which says it's Win 7 compatible.) I would like to drop these in without having to drag the old computer out (Which needs a new PSU), roll it back to Win XP (It's on 7 right now) and reinstall. I would prefer to just put them on the new Win 10 machine. But the installer locks up. Even when I set to run in compatibility mode and as admin. I will try again, but if anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

System specs:

Intel Core i5 4690K 3.5 GHz

8 GB system RAM

Radeon Sapphire R2 290 card w/ 3GB VRAM

250 GB SSD drive

1TB HD (Where the game will go.)

• 10 months later...

well.. it seems that it's easier to install KOTOR with a Steam or a GOG version.

After tuning with a NO CD exe , in order to get widescreen (thank you Steam and GOG ! nobody can try to fix this problem properly, nowadays ??? great....), I still have some troubles with the cute scenes videos.

I known that someone "re encode" the video of KOTOR 2 and it's working perfectly (at least in my home on windows 10...).

If someone can re encode the KOTOR 1 's video, maybe, it would work properly ?

Edited by happyirradiation