Unique .45 Auto SMG for Fallout New Vegas

ChancellorDenali

Am I the only one who saw the .45 Auto S.M.G. from Honest Hearts, and was surprised there was no unique version of this classic weapon when the pistol got it's beautiful unique version, "A Light Shining in Darkness"?

Now, it may be a bit much to ask for something well-made, lore-friendly, and good-looking, but that's what I am hoping for. For research, I've searched up a bit about the in-game origin of these weapons, the real life history, and some pictures to introduce ideas. Preferably, as well, the gun would be even greater if it was still compatible with WMX (Weapon Mods Extended).

The origin in-game is a National Guard Armory in Spanish Fork, South of Salt Lake City and Provo Bay. In real life, the area is Spanish Fork, Utah, named after the river. Information here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Fork,_Utah

As well as the history of the Thompson as we know it can be found here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thompson_submachine_gun

I will include some reference pictures I thought would give some ideas as to what to do.

creating the weapon itself is easy enough. I can probably even get the unique textures down right. But as far as introducing it into the game, i'm not sure what you're asking for. Are you wanting us to create a whole new army national guard armory just for the inclusion of this one unique weapon? I mean it'd be cool, but it'd be a lot more work than just hiding it in the Honest Hearts DLC somewhere, or even the vanilla game.

Let us know what you're wanting and I'm sure someone could oblige. I agree a unique "Tommy" would be a cool addition

I don't mean a whole new area. I just mean it should be placed somewhere or with someone that would make since. Like, I was surprised that since these weapons were the White Legs iconic weapon, Salt-Upon-Wounds just had a power glove. Now, if you were to give it to Salt-Upon-Wounds, I think it would need a tribal makeover, or you could simply go your own direction. I just think that going with a unique .45 Auto SMG, a mafia reference of a unique is way too obvious, and that something different would be better.

Well what about making it The Storm Drum (which is what they are called by the white legs) and instead of it being Salt-Upon-Wounds make it the SMG Ulysses used to train them with. He could have tossed it w/e seeing as how he didn't care much about them and was actually insulted by their idolization of him. Doing so pretty much leaves free reign as where it can be placed and makes it not necessary to "tribalize" unless that's what you want.

My 2 caps,

Geoff

Well what about making it The Storm Drum (which is what they are called by the white legs) and instead of it being Salt-Upon-Wounds make it the SMG Ulysses used to train them with. He could have tossed it w/e seeing as how he didn't care much about them and was actually insulted by their idolization of him. Doing so pretty much leaves free reign as where it can be placed and makes it not necessary to "tribalize" unless that's what you want.

My 2 caps,

Geoff

did... you mean to say ulysses? or Randall Clark (the father in the caves)? I'm not familiar with ulysses ever making it to zion, but i could be wrong...

My 2 caps,

Geoff

did... you mean to say ulysses? or Randall Clark (the father in the caves)? I'm not familiar with ulysses ever making it to zion, but i could be wrong...

Ulysses is the one that trained the white legs and helped them get into the armory. It is also why the white legs have dreadlocks they were emulating Ulysses which he took offense too.

EDIT - there is a bunch of mention to this in Zion and Ulysses himself talks about it in his audio logs in Lonesome Road. Clarify that I don't think Ulysses was actually in Zion but Utah when he trained the white legs to destroy new canaan.

My 2 caps,

Geoff

Ulysses is the one that trained the white legs and helped them get into the armory. It is also why the white legs have dreadlocks they were emulating Ulysses which he took offense too.

EDIT - there is a bunch of mention to this in Zion and Ulysses himself talks about it in his audio logs in Lonesome Road. Clarify that I don't think Ulysses was actually in Zion but Utah when he trained the white legs to destroy new canaan.

copy that! good to know, I had no idea he had any association to them. I'll have to relisten to those audio logs.

My 2 caps,

Geoff

copy that! good to know, I had no idea he had any association to them. I'll have to relisten to those audio logs.

Yeah I lot of awesome things you learn about Ulysses through all the DLC's. The reason I'm not sure if Ulysses had been to Zion specifically is due to the fact Joshua mentions expecting Ulysses to show up (a courier but not the player hinting at Ulysses) and if that courier had been there I think he would have known but I mean he is a wasteland Ninja he followed the player around for a long time unnoticed pre-brain pan remodeling XD