FPS Drop everywhere

loves2smooch

I just finished making my game vanilla. Upon starting it up, it works fine, 57-60fps. As soon I installed the latest enb series (Not a preset) My fps drop to 15-20 in game, and as low as 8 on the main menu. Problem is solved by deleting the enb series, but I do plan on installing an enb preset eventually. No idea how to stop the fps drop, or why it's occuring.

If it helps, some of my specs are:

i7 4790k

GTX 970

16 GB Ram

No other mods are installed.

I never used just the ENB by itself, just a preset (I use realvisionENB). Why don't you try something like that? Look at the presets and give one a go and see. You can always tweak it a little bit from there if you need to. Realvision does have a lot of settings and a nifty installer to make it a bit easier, so you might find a nice mix of stuff with that.

• 3 weeks later...

do you have all the direct x stuff installed?

I have almost the same system specs and my computer will run Vividian, Tranquility, Grim and somber, etc all around 50-60 fps on average without tweaking settings.

So make sure you turn off anti aliasing, ambient occlusion, and AF in the nividia control panel and install everything correctly.

Cause we have almost the same specs. I have a 3570k at 4.2ghz and a EVGA 970 at reference speeds.