XCOM:EW OSX Modding Help Request

BottomQuark

As I understand it DeserializeAll is for decompiling existing UPK files in order to make changes. It's needed by mod creators. As you only want to install LW, it is not necessary for your purposes.

Those "ISO C++ forbids forward references to 'enum' types" errors may be related to the C++ compiler version you are using. However, that is something I think you should bring to wghost81's attention.

In searching for that article I simply used the search pattern of "os/x wxwidgets". There were other hits you may find of some help. I often end up pulling bits and pieces from several articles in finding a solution.

Believe it or no, you ARE making progress any time you get a different set of errors. Stick with it.

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent

It sounds like the generated project isn't using the necessary settings. That's not the most helpful diagnostic in the world but it looks to me like you might need a -std=c++11 added to your compiler options, cause "enum class" is a c++11 feature. I'm not entirely sure how to get that option set in XCode, but I'd have expected it to be set by default. If you're using an older version of XCode with an old compiler it might not be enabled by default or even supported - I did a quick google search and saw some Stack Overflow questions about it from 2011, but that's quite old now.

• 5 weeks later...