[LE] Need help, trying to have an NPC use the Slow Time shout in game.

Hi there,

title pretty much sums it up. I've created an NPC and given him a variety of shouts, such as Dragon Aspect, Unrelenting Force, ect. These work, however, I was wondering if I could get him to use the Slow Time shout ? I've added it to his spell list, he doesn't use it however, even if it's the ONLY shout in his spell list.

Can anyone help me out here ?

Cheers.

Owen.

Have u tried putting the spell's magic effect inside a lesser power ?

No, I haven't, how would I do that ? (I guess creating a new spell yeah ?)

Edit: Have tried to create a new Ebony Flesh spell, exclusive to the NPC, which includes the effect of Slow Time. In game, however, the effect of Slow Time does not occur at all. Do I need to go into some settings for the spell effect I'm not aware of ?

Edited by firefalcon124

You need to add a perk to the npc with entry point Player Magic Slowdown (or something like that), set value to 1, and getid yourspellid == 1 for a condition on the spell tab. That's at a minimum. There may be other factors preventing it from working as well.

You need to add a perk to the npc with entry point Player Magic Slowdown (or something like that), set value to 1, and getid yourspellid == 1 for a condition on the spell tab. That's at a minimum. There may be other factors preventing it from working as well.

How exactly do I do all that ? I'm not an experienced modder, my knowledge doesn't go that far ^^

It's pretty self-explanatory.

Well, clearly not to me. First: what is an entry point and how do I add one ? Second: when you mean add a perk, should I create a new perk THEN add it ? Third: then what is this "getid yourspellid" thing ? How does this relate to what I'm doing ?

Can I get clear instructions please ? :smile:

Edit: Also, can I have the exact name of the entry point I need ?

Edited by firefalcon124

If you spend a few minutes poking around with perks you will understand in a tiny fraction of the time it would take me to type up an explanation. In fact if you had done that when I first told you what you had to do, you would be done by now.

If you spend a few minutes poking around with perks you will understand in a tiny fraction of the time it would take me to type up an explanation. In fact if you had done that when I first told you what you had to do, you would be done by now.

Geez, calm down, I'm not very good at making mods past Dungeons, and I don't know where is what in the CC as I've never really touched on these topics before, so please forgive me if I'm getting lost at every click of an icon. If you're going to be so hostile, then I might as well bugger off to another modders' forum.

So yeah, I'm hitting a wall at "getid" ---> "yourspellid" since "getid" doesn't seem to exist in the dropdown menu. What's the exact option ?