Pipboy doesn't pause time - Immersion - Excitement

BeamingBrain

Of all the realism or difficulty increasing mods you might think this one would have been made.

I like messing around with mods to be powerful and fight hoards of enemies, and move much faster than normal and thought that the jumps between super fast and pausing time were too jerky. And its another type of rush I can get while playing, if I have to use the items in real time for healing repairing etc. It'd require a quick organized mind.

But for the immersion aspect its just plain obvious. Why can we repair our gun five times with time paused and change all our gear and heal, while a handful of enemies are around the corner or on top of us? It just doesn't make sense.

I think this mod would be swell. Not sure what sorta modders would want to give this a try skill wise, but I am sure it'd be harder to implement your pipboy hand flinching from impacts while using items. It'd actually make gunfights exciting and cautious instead of casual, but I'm totally biased. I think a simpler version would suffice but I welcome more complex mod versions of this idea as well.

If it ever gets made Imma have a hell of a time trying to read the pipboy with the drug mods active while tripping on acid in-game with a dozen enemies shooting me lol.

• 3 years later...