PRoject Nevada Script errors/ MCM conflicts

Driskoll127

When I download PN and try to activate it using Nexus Mod Manager it gives me an error message about some Mod Menu files being already newer than the ones included in Project Nevada. Then when I click "keep the old files" or something it crashes NMM, and if I hit "keep the new ones" or whatever then the error goes away. When I try to activate the mod after hitting "keep the old files" using NMM it says "There was an error in the script" and crashes NMM. When I try to "keep the new files" it works, but when I load the game up my Mod Menu is completely gone and it gives me an error message about some files for Mod Menu being missing/installed incorrectly.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Okay, your problem is Nexus Mod Manager. Manually download, and install, Fallout Mod Manager. It is better to handle mods for Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Project Nevada, you might have to redownload it, as well as MCM. But use FOMM for Fallout New Vegas.

If you're using the most recent version of NMM, you need to report this on the NMM issues forum. Whatever they changed in the most recent version seems to have broken a lot of scripted installers. Again.

Try uninstalling MCM, then install PN, then reinstall MCM.

Okay, your problem is Nexus Mod Manager. Manually download, and install, Fallout Mod Manager. It is better to handle mods for Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Project Nevada, you might have to redownload it, as well as MCM. But use FOMM for Fallout New Vegas.

I tried FOMM and I did not like it.

If you're using the most recent version of NMM, you need to report this on the NMM issues forum. Whatever they changed in the most recent version seems to have broken a lot of scripted installers. Again.

Try uninstalling MCM, then install PN, then reinstall MCM.

I'm not using the most recent version of NMM for that very reason. I went back to an old version I had downloaded.

I did try that and it didn't work.

There is another solution. One you might not like. It's Mod Organizer. I love it, myself. Easy to work with, and can load all my mods, tools, etc. And I don't have to muck about with NMM, or even FOMM. And it handles things quite well. The only hang up, and it's not a huge one, rather a minor one, is the archive invalidation. I just download one, that I can integrate with MO, and it is good to go.