how far can mods go?

davidwhistler

i was wondering does anyone know how far mods could go?heres an example of how far i am talking about.if someone really wanted to could someone remake dragon age origins in inquisition i am talking the works everything from moding maps to look like places in origins to takeing voice over sound tracks from origins and putting them on inquisition party members to even morphing party members to look like origin members

what you are you talking its mean build a new game . - -

bioware themselve need time 2 year for leaning new engine and then they make dai in 1.5 years.

its good idea but its too big project for simple gamer like us . - -

i just hope to see some mod face in next 2 years . - -

• 1 month later...

Though the DAI game is very limited in what one can modify. What I am in process of doing is porting over entire DAI game to TES Skyrim engine. With the creation kit and the ability to alter all assets of the game. You are able to create an entirely new game. Such as DAI. And run from Skyrim engine. The biggest drawback for me is that the game engine is only 32 bit. But it does introduce a vast array of game potential not currently available through Frostbite engine. And it does give you a truly open world environment. Have already done this with DAO and DA2. So only appropriate to do DAI. Also thinking of doing a complete DA game from DAO to DAI in a single game. But since my team and I have to actually do some productive exercises to pay our bills. We are limited in available time to do this. Right now this is a private project within our company team. But maybe one day will release to GP. With a little knowledge anyone can do this, so hopefully this post might entice someone to go this direction.

Though the DAI game is very limited in what one can modify. What I am in process of doing is porting over entire DAI game to TES Skyrim engine. With the creation kit and the ability to alter all assets of the game. You are able to create an entirely new game. Such as DAI. And run from Skyrim engine. The biggest drawback for me is that the game engine is only 32 bit. But it does introduce a vast array of game potential not currently available through Frostbite engine. And it does give you a truly open world environment. Have already done this with DAO and DA2. So only appropriate to do DAI. Also thinking of doing a complete DA game from DAO to DAI in a single game. But since my team and I have to actually do some productive exercises to pay our bills. We are limited in available time to do this. Right now this is a private project within our company team. But maybe one day will release to GP. With a little knowledge anyone can do this, so hopefully this post might entice someone to go this direction.

I agree, with The Black Emporium out for Dragon Age: Inquisition, i'm surprised nobody has managed to do mods for the NPC's faces. I mean it's been almost 2 years since the game been out and it's the high time someone works on the faces for the NPC.

Edited by shadowhawk27

The Frostbite3 engine is far more "mod unfriendly" than the one used for the previous DA games.

Not saying it's impossible. Saying extremely unlikely.

Well i really miss the old engine where we are able to work on the faces for the NPC. It's why i gave up after DA2 because i can't stand the default faces of the NPC for DAI. Not to mentioned, i can't mod any of the faces. The only thing you can mod faces is your Inquisitor and Hawke and that's about it. Now EA wants all their games using Frostbite3 engine including the next DA4. It's gonna be even worse. :sad:

Edited by shadowhawk27

@shadowhawk27; I was responding to the OP who asked if it were possible to do something along the lines of "Baldur's Gate II - Redux" and recreate DAO using the FB3 engine. (Not gonna happen.)

But it's totally possible to change your companions' faces in DAI, and several modders have done it. See here, for example.

@shadowhawk27; I was responding to the OP who asked if it were possible to do something along the lines of "Baldur's Gate II - Redux" and recreate DAO using the FB3 engine. (Not gonna happen.)

But it's totally possible to change your companions' faces in DAI, and several modders have done it. See here, for example.

oh my mistake that you were talking to the OP.

Well that's a start but what about "Other" NPCs like Loghain, Morrigan's kid, Alistair, Stroud, etc and not just Josephine, Leliana and Cullen, cause i don't find anything interesting... Just very small modifications. My concern is Dragon Age 3's people which is why they don't look like they fit the lore. I mean remember Dracomies? That user put a lot of effort for Dragon Age Origins to make sure it fits the lore for the NPC's faces and others followed the same for Dragon Age 2. Oh and i'm surprised nobody modded Varric's face for DAI. >_> And please don't say he doesn't need any Modding, If he can be modded in DA2 http://www.nexusmods.com/dragonage2/mods/2473/? then DAI shouldn't be any different.

Edited by shadowhawk27

oh my mistake that you were talking to the OP.

Well that's a start but what about "Other" NPCs like Loghain, Morrigan's kid, Alistair, Stroud, etc and not just Josephine, Leliana and Cullen, cause i don't find anything interesting... Just very small modifications. My concern is Dragon Age 3's people which is why they don't look like they fit the lore. I mean remember Dracomies? That user put a lot of effort for Dragon Age Origins to make sure it fits the lore for the NPCs's faces and others followed the same for Dragon Age 2. Oh and i'm surprised nobody modded Varric's face for DAI. >_> And please don't say he doesn't need any Modding, If he can be modded in DA2 http://www.nexusmods.com/dragonage2/mods/2473/? then DAI shouldn't be any different.

At this point, with the limited ability to mod the game at all, 'very small modifications' are exactly what is possible for DAI and, IMO, what the modders can accomplish is well neigh miraculous.

As someone who has made and released dozens of (admittedly small) mods for DAO, and whose install for that game includes revised appearances and gear for nearly every NPC, I find modding DAI to be a nearly impossible endeavour... I spent almost a week trying to change one NPC's eyecolour - Fiona should have dark brown eyes, according to the lore - and simply could NOT locate the ebx that contains the necessary information.

Edited by theskymoves