how far can mods go?

davidwhistler

At this point, with the limited ability to mod the game at all, 'very small modifications' are exactly what is possible for DAI and, IMO, what the modders can accomplish is well neigh miraculous.

As someone who has made and released dozens of (admittedly small) mods for DAO, and whose install for that game includes revised appearances and gear for nearly every NPC, I find modding DAI to be a nearly impossible endeavour... I spent almost a week trying to change one NPC's eyecolour - Fiona should have dark brown eyes, according to the lore - and simply could NOT locate the ebx that contains the necessary information.

Well that sucks, I guess that was one of the very reasons why i didn't play DAI after DA2 because i couldn't stand the NPC's default looks and Morrigan's Kid being the worst. I was hoping for a mod to change that to make the boy have a unique look like say having Morrigan's yellow eyes rather then this generic default look like every other kid you see in Dragon Age because to me, it looked like Bioware made Kieran's default look a soulless, bland and uninspired way like they weren't trying hard enough.

Fans made a big stink about the OGB in Origins and this is the result that we get in the end, a soulless, bland and uninspired kid who looks nothing like his mother or father (excluding your Warden). I think Bioware should have either made the boy be the male version of Morrigan (which I would have approved of by the way, her superior diety DNA wins out haha) with her black hair and yellow eyes, or make him customizable.
Also when i saw Loghain as a Warden in DAI, i thought "Man... Loghain is ugly" and i don't mean by age wise. I mean character creation wise. Have you noticed the way he talks? His face stretches... Bioware could have made Loghain resemble his DAO likeness a bit better instead of this half-ass job. They maybe good at creating environments but NPCs faces, nope.
Anyways, I think Modding is as entertaining as playing the game. I use them and I can tell you I've had so much fun trying out new mods, and seeing the wonderful talents people have but to buy Dragon Age: Inquisition where you have the limited ability to mod the game at all is just a big downer for me now. So If there's no toolset in order to fix the NPC's faces then I won't be playing DAI ever.
Edited by shadowhawk27

What I am in process of doing is porting over entire DAI game to TES Skyrim engine. . . . Have already done this with DAO and DA2.

Wait, what? You ported Origins over to the Skyrim engine? Have you not released this? Why not?

Edit: Just a clarification: I'm not advocating copyright infringement; I'm assuming any release would require the user own dragon age and Skyrim, just like TOTW or Morroblivion/Skywind.

Edited by RS13

What I am in process of doing is porting over entire DAI game to TES Skyrim engine. . . . Have already done this with DAO and DA2.

Wait, what? You ported Origins over to the Skyrim engine? Have you not released this? Why not?

Edit: Just a clarification: I'm not advocating copyright infringement; I'm assuming any release would require the user own dragon age and Skyrim, just like TOTW or Morroblivion/Skywind.

^^^ Seconding both aspects of this. ^^^

Want. Want Now!

Want only if requires (legitimate copy of) the original game(s) to be installed.