Help with installing Better Cities - Neither TMM or OBMM work, NMM doesent give me options

Derethim

I've been trying to re-install my Oblivion, but things have changed a bit it seems.

Is OBMM no longer supported? The "Unhandled exception" error I get when trying to make and omod out of the primary resources is driving me nuts, why does it do this?

TMM doesen't work AT ALL - it gets stuck at making the omod, doesen't import omod conversion data, it's just overall bad - didn't it become NMM later on?

NMM is pretty great, but most oblivion mods are unsupported and came before NMM, NMM does install the mod, but doesent give me any option to select from when installing (The Open Cities, the Bravil buildings style etc.) ... so i'm stuck here.

Any help?

All other mods work fine.

Edited by Derethim

Have you tried installing it with Wyre Bash? That's what I usually use for Better Cities. I took a quick look at the mod page and it does look like it's been updated as recently as Sept. 2015. I haven't tried that update yet so I can't tell you if it's a problem with their omod or not.

Have you tried installing it with Wyre Bash? That's what I usually use for Better Cities. I took a quick look at the mod page and it does look like it's been updated as recently as Sept. 2015. I haven't tried that update yet so I can't tell you if it's a problem with their omod or not.

I think it's the omod, but no I didn't.

Is Wrye Bash more sorted than, let's say NMM? Haven't tried it yet. Don't want to install it becouse of one mod :)

Is Wrye Bash more sorted than, let's say NMM? Haven't tried it yet. Don't want to install it becouse of one mod :smile:

I don't know. When I first started modding Oblivion, NMM couldn't handle any but the simplest mods for Oblivion so I chose to use OBMM and Wyre Bash. I haven't kept up with NMM's progress at all so I can't tell if the most recent versions have been updated to the point where it can handle the complicated mods.

I like Wyre Bash because it makes it somewhat easy to roll back a mod install, it allows you to change install order as well as load order, you can look at a save in it and see the mod dependencies, the bashed patch allows you to merge mods and tweak some in game settings, and if you want, you can edit your .ini files in it. The learning curve is a bit high, but these days I use it nearly exclusively for my modding. The exceptions are mods which have nice omod wizards or that are only available as omods.

Is Wrye Bash more sorted than, let's say NMM? Haven't tried it yet. Don't want to install it becouse of one mod :smile:

I don't know. When I first started modding Oblivion, NMM couldn't handle any but the simplest mods for Oblivion so I chose to use OBMM and Wyre Bash. I haven't kept up with NMM's progress at all so I can't tell if the most recent versions have been updated to the point where it can handle the complicated mods.

I like Wyre Bash because it makes it somewhat easy to roll back a mod install, it allows you to change install order as well as load order, you can look at a save in it and see the mod dependencies, the bashed patch allows you to merge mods and tweak some in game settings, and if you want, you can edit your .ini files in it. The learning curve is a bit high, but these days I use it nearly exclusively for my modding. The exceptions are mods which have nice omod wizards or that are only available as omods.

Thanks i'll try it out :)

Wrye Bash is necessary. While you can use NMM, OBMM or nothing at all, without WB it's very hard if not impossible to use advanced mods such as All Natural, Natural Interiors, multiple mods editing lists etc..

Well until now I was able to mount 150 mods without crashing and full content with little to no glitches and with minor alterations to my load order. Of course my load order is bad, but the problem here is OBMM nor TMM loading Better Cities's omod conversion data.

Otherwise I don't see a point in making the load order perfect and flawless and making bashed patches/using TES4Edit etc.

I get no problems using mods and if there are problems it's with installing the mods, not ingame.

Edited by Derethim