Fose unknown version.

gauron1

Ok before start, i have the fallout 3 goty patched to the latest version.

I have an original disk and this is not the german no-gore version.

I tried to install all fose variants avaible on their website with no success.

Every time i try to use Fose it always says the same error: "You have an unknown version of Fallout. Please check http://fose.silverlock.org to make sure you're using the latest version of FOSE, then send an email to the contact addresses listed in fose_readme.txt if this version is not supported in the latest release. (CRC = EE84D5A1)"

I accept any ideas on how to fix it since there is a lot of good mods out their what im missing because fose.

You cannot have Fallout 3 installed in "Program Files" and be able to change any of the installed files. Anything that would change the original files is being blocked by Windows User Access Control.

The UAC can be disabled, but this leaves all of the programs installed in "Program Files" vulnerable to viruses.

Your best solution would be to completely uninstall the game and reinstall it in a location other than "Program Files".

You cannot have Fallout 3 installed in "Program Files" and be able to change any of the installed files. Anything that would change the original files is being blocked by Windows User Access Control.

The UAC can be disabled, but this leaves all of the programs installed in "Program Files" vulnerable to viruses.

Your best solution would be to completely uninstall the game and reinstall it in a location other than "Program Files".

Ok i completely disabeled uac and gave full permissions to every folder in the program files folder, but it still says i have an unknown version.

Did you patch the game with the 1.7 update that is available from the Bethesda website?

Do you have the Games for Windows Live client installed?

My cd were already on the latest verson 1.7.3 and i have games for windows live, i diabeled it with a program found on nexus.

Did you patch the game with the 1.7 update that is available from the Bethesda website?

My cd were already on the latest verson 1.7.3 and i have games for windows live, i diabeled it with a program found on nexus.

Now the question comes up, where did you get the CD?

• 2 weeks later...

Now the question comes up, where did you get the CD?

Ordered online. ( i dont remember the sites name also sorry for the late reply i was on vacation.)

• 5 years later...