Fose unknown version.

gauron1

Got the same problem.

No idea on how to fix it

https://fose.silverlock.org/

There's presently no fix. The most current version of FOSE will not work with the recently updated Fallout 3.

Any idea if they're going to be working on it?

If you saved the original fallout3.exe, just replace the updated version with the old version. I have read that that will work.

If you just blindly updated the game without saving the .exe, you'll just have to wait until a new version of FOSE is available.

Edited by M48A5

To revert the updated Fallout 3 GOTY (Steam), you need the original fallout3.exe and also xlive.dll, if the original game was not already installed when the update took place. At least that's what it took for me to recover my pre-update Fallout 3, because I did not have it installed at the time of the update. (Luckily, I'm a compulsive digital hoarder who backs up and saves everything.)

From the FOSE download page "FOSE is incompatible with Windows Live, so when running via fose_loader.exe, Live will be disabled."

If you are using FOMM, you just need to enable "Use fake xlive.dll" under "Installation Tweaker"

Edited by M48A5

• 2 weeks later...

Guys just so you know, the issue has been worled around for a couple of days now. Just use the latest patch available on Fallout 3 Nexus. It reverts the executable to the older version, removes Games For Windows Live and adds essential performance/optimisation stuff.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/24913

Thanks for sharing that. Pretty hilarious how they just went and messed up a 13 year old game like that. Not that they were doing something bad by removing GFWL and whatnot, but still amusing to me.