Empty Mod List after Re-Install.

Forsell

Dear Forum,
i have a little problem that might be quite easy or as well impossible to fix... After reinstalling my windows 8.1 i restored my game saves and mod settings the most simple way i could imagine. I used complete backups of:
- Steam Folder in Program Files
- My Games and Nexus Folder in User/Documents
- plugins txt and loadorder.txt from User/AppData/Local/Skyrim
I might have missed the "installinfo.txt" though. The result is that Skyrim with all Mods runs finde, Loot works and has alle the informations it needs and even NMM works kinda fine as far as installing new Mods is concerned.The only thing missing is the NMM Mod-List - and with it the possibility to deinstall Mods. (The plugins-List is ok).
So, has anyone an idea how to refresh that Mod-List? Wolud be great!
Many Thanks in advance.
Forsell

thanks for the fast answer. unfortunatelly i'm not sure, which folder you mean exactly (where is it located?).

i backupped the complete NMM folder from my "program files" folder. from the "my documents" i got the NMM Folder (which doesn't contain any files but a "loot" folder. in the app-data/local folder i found the files loadorder.backup.nmm an loadorder.nmm.bak as well as plgins.nmm.bak and plugins.backup.nmm.

The NMM Mods folder contains all of the mods for all of the games you downloaded from the Nexus Mods site or added manually, as well as the installation history of what got installed first and overwritten files of another mod. An example of the Skyrim folder is below:

When you initially install NMM, it should ask you where these folders are located.

Edited by KunoMochi

I was looking for these files when i was doing the backup. Unluckily i was not very patient that day (because i had to reinstall the **** windows AGAIN...) Well, you all might know that situations.... Anyway i got fed up with searching pretty quick and just gave it a try. :confused:

Now with your help i was able to locate them - so is there a way to fix the files manually or will a fresh install of NMM do the job?

thanks in advance!

Edited by Forsell

Hey guys,

first - if the netiquette in this forum doesn't permit pushing one's own thread please just say it once. It won't happen again. I'm just absolutely sure, that someone must be able to tell me if NMM will create a new Mod-List when i reinstall it (as long as Loot and Skyrim "know" about the installed mods, there should be a way for NMM to refer to the same source!?)

So any help is appreciated - and sory for pushing...

i am experiencing a similar issue with the latest install nmm wanted to update and I needed to uninstall all mods, I updated, I uninstalled all my mods to try vanilla FNV and when I went to reinstall them a good portion of them were missing... I have manually installed the mods but they do not show up in nmm.

OK i think I found a way to solve this issue... backup first your Cache folder in your Games/Nexus Mod Manager/FalloutNV/Mods ,(Obviously Slyrim would be the the in the Skyrim folder), and then delete it. Then select the Little down arrow next to the Categories button on nmm. Then select reset to nexus default categories. This Might refresh your folder and now show all the mods you have installed. MAYBE!

Edit: Crap that not work for me.

Edited by mumblyum

There must be a cache for NMM on the local machine. I would imagine that it should keep a list of your mods, although after reinstalling Skyrim they would or should be just shown as uninstalled. But then that probably got flushed.

This is why i stick to the good old programs like Wrye Bash.