Question as to uploading mods based on other mods

richardesterhase

My understanding, and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, is that if the redesign mod still requires the original mod/s and gives full credit to the originals then you don't need to ask for permission from the creators of the mods that your mod requires. However it's generally a good idea, and simply polite, to contact them and talk to the original creators about your intentions anyway.

My understanding, and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, is that if the redesign mod still requires the original mod/s and gives full credit to the originals then you don't need to ask for permission from the creators of the mods that your mod requires. However it's generally a good idea, and simply polite, to contact them and talk to the original creators about your intentions anyway.

Okay, thanks!

If a mod simply requires that the player have another one installed, but doesn't include the other's work, there's generally no problem. The Nexus even added a section for designating "Other required mods" to be completed when uploading a new one.