Why I think that the forum has gottem out of hand

Theodarius

Well, for starters, the forum was a small community for the most part. About 4000 members and 200 or so posters. But i leave for one weekend...YES ONE and the whole world came crashing down...

The shop is lame, why do we have stuff to buy thats FOR the forum, isnt this a morrowind message board? Who killed morrowind?

Dark0ne quizes, suck..ok...they suck...yes u heard me Dark0ne. They arnt specific and you could easily find a way to give all the right answers but get a 20% on the test. (i even tested it)

THe smilies have lil white flaps growing off of thier head....thats just creepy, u scarred me for life

THe Negative post count thing.....wow...who comes up with this crap? like i said before, this is a morrowind forum...WHO THE HELL CARES HOW MANY POSTS U HAVE....

The freelance moderator, well u wanted anarchy, here ya go

The change your username and title is ok, username should be a given, for free, but title is ok, something people like

and if you are willing to bypass flood control in the shop, why not just TURN the WHOLE thing off....

In review, i think ur gettin of the right track. Lemme remind you....

THIS IS A MORROWIND FORUM.

YES MORROWIND

A GAME WE ALL LOVE AND CHERISH ( :huh: )

WHY DO YOU LEAVE THE PURPOSE OF THE FORUM TO REPLACE IT WITH SOME NIFTY SCRIPTING? IT SUCKS.

~Theodarius

Guest Caliburn

Theodarius, it may seem like the forums are a bit out of control at times, but the shop is just a small experiment... I dunno when Dark0ne will reply, but I'm sure he'll be willing to listen to the complaints you laid against his forums....

For now, I'll lock the thread until Dark0ne has had a chance to view it and reply...

*click* unlocked, thanks Caliburn for locking it until I arrived.

I'll tackle all Theodarius has said line by line, as would seem appropriate.

Well, for starters, the forum was a small community for the most part. About 4000 members and 200 or so posters. But i leave for one weekend...YES ONE and the whole world came crashing down...

Does this not imply you are selfish to think others would not (or may be should not?) join in with the community. The forums are here for everyone, not the veterans, not the ones who signed up on the first day, the ones who download the most, comment the most or anything of the sort. For everyone.

The shop is lame, why do we have stuff to buy thats FOR the forum, isnt this a morrowind message board? Who killed morrowind?

One can choose whether or not one uses his or her gold - if you don't want to use the shop then don't. It doesn't stop you from posting on these forums.

Dark0ne quizes, suck..ok...they suck...yes u heard me Dark0ne. They arnt specific and you could easily find a way to give all the right answers but get a 20% on the test. (i even tested it)

As per above - if you don't like it, don't bother with it. It does not affect your posting priviledges in any way.

THe Negative post count thing.....wow...who comes up with this crap? like i said before, this is a morrowind forum...WHO THE HELL CARES HOW MANY POSTS U HAVE....

Are you not contradicting yourself here? If one does not care about one's post count, then one also does not care how many posts one has, or whether it is negative or not.

The freelance moderator, well u wanted anarchy, here ya go

Freelance moderators are (1) restricted to General Morrowind or Off-Topic - 5 FLM for each forum max. and (2) inable to do many of the things normal mods are able to do.

The change your username and title is ok, username should be a given, for free, but title is ok, something people like

I'd rather spend my time uploading new mods for MML rather than changing everyone's username all-day long - thanks.

and if you are willing to bypass flood control in the shop, why not just TURN the WHOLE thing off....

I think you're missing the point here - to bypass flood control is a reward, a priviledge so to speak for being loyal to MML by getting enough posts to avert it. Once again, if you don't like the shop, don't use it.

FC, however, is not coming down. If someone is taking less than a minute to reply to posts then they won't be productive and thought induced - more than likely they will be pathetic one liners.

In review, i think ur gettin of the right track. Lemme remind you....

THIS IS A MORROWIND FORUM.

YES MORROWIND

A GAME WE ALL LOVE AND CHERISH (  )

WHY DO YOU LEAVE THE PURPOSE OF THE FORUM TO REPLACE IT WITH SOME NIFTY SCRIPTING? IT SUCKS.

In conclusion, I think you've come off the track somewhere along the line and had a tragic loss of life.

These forums are not Morrowind forums, they're MML forums - MY (Dark0ne's) forums. As with the MWC Network Forums, these forums are like my home - you, like everyone are a guest here and must act accordingly dependent on contemporary views. These forums are for everyone to post on, express views, discuss topics and generally enjoy themselves. They aren't here for a specific purpose or topic in general.

Sure, we have a Morrowind category, but we also have 4 other categories - none of which take presendence over another. To believe everyone who posts here should play Morrowind or even talk about Morrowind is wrong.

-----------

I will be leaving this topic unlocked for others to post their opinions on this subject. Thanks again to Caliburn for locking the topic until I got here.

ok, if its not a morrowind forum, then why is it called the MML....(incase u forgot, morrowind mod library)

why do u upload MORROWIND mod, and why does it say the word MORROWIND 12 time on the forum index alone. the RP forums are based around the ES (morrowind is the third elder scrolls) and the posters and downloaders are all morrowind players........ahem, if this isnt a morrowind forum, then what is?

The forum for Morrowind Mod Library in which guests and members are given the priviledge of posting whatever's on their mind, be it Morrowind or otherwise?

i tend to think that this is a forum devoted to a site where mods can be dl-ed AND is for posting comments and/or questions ppl might have re: mods.

whether or not the forum has an ot zone is of little consequence.

regardless, since the mods here are mostly morrowind related, and because the forums have an (read "Several") ot zones, it can niether be called a strict morrowind forum, nor an ot forum.

it, therefore, MUST be called an MML forum. the bonus is its ot zones.

at least, thats how I see it.

Guest Guest_Theodarius

uhhh riiight, so we can do stupid things in the OT forums, but not the morrowind forums? or am i getting the wrong idea?

cuz ur speaking out of both sides of your mouth, u claim no problems, but u say just ignore the problems.....

thats real common sense there guy

Archived