27 replies to this topic

benji179

benji179

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hello and sorry for my bad English,

I have some problems; if I want to rechange the installation configuration menu some mods have (pop up menu , opens only by first installation to choose different adds / settings or compatibility patches.....).

Is there any easy way to open this at NMM afterwards because if I only deactivate mod and activate it again there comes no menu, it only uses the settings I set at the first installation of this mod.
Only way I found is to deactivate mod, delete mod and then install and activate it completely new, needs much time because if I change one mostly I have to change much others that they still work together....

And a other question is, NMM has now different profiles, is it possible to copy/clone a profile?
Because if I want two different profiles but with the same ENB configuration it would be nice not to do all the work for both profiles....

Thx for help.

KunoMochi

KunoMochi

Unashamed food junky

• Premium Member
  • 2,031 posts

For the installation options, try this: http://forums.nexusm...ltiple-choices/

1. Uninstall mod by right-clicking on the mod and choosing "Uninstall Mod"
  2. Reinstall/Reactivate mod 
  3. Install options should pop up again

You don't have to delete the mod this way, but I know it can get a bit tedious doing many mods at the same time. Multi-mods selection isn't fully implemented yet so the only way for now is to individually uninstall and reinstall each mod for the install options.

As for the profiles, whenever you create a new profile, the new profile will essentially use the same setup you are currently using. In a future release, there will be a better interface for managing your profiles. :)

whitecocoa

whitecocoa

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

What would you reccomend doing if the options DONT pop up again? ive tried disabling, uninstalling, and deleting and redownloading and i still dont get the chance.

neofit

neofit

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

I wish there was an option to force the pop up of the setup dialog with a right-click or a button, with the mod disabled or active. Deleting it and redownloading it just for the setup is a waste of resources, what if it's a 400MB pack of music files for the FO radio?

unforbidable

unforbidable

Entitled User

• Premium Member
  • 744 posts

What would you reccomend doing if the options DONT pop up again? ive tried disabling, uninstalling, and deleting and redownloading and i still dont get the chance.

If you completely uninstall a mod the options should appear next time you install the mod again. Note the "red stop sign" indicates a mod has been merely disabled. When you uninstall it, there will be no icon in front of the plugin name.

At any rate, quite a few people seem to be confused. Case in point, I'm not ashamed to admit I have been using Nexus Mod Manager for years but I still had to watch Gopher's tutorial (again) to figure it out. Anyway, for what it's worth, I have submitted a change request.

thtool

thtool

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I just had this trouble myself

Don't disable the mod with the stop sign. Right click the mod and select "uninstall from all profiles". Then install it and you should have the popup settings menu

positronone

positronone

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Thanks for the solution because I just had this problem also.

komaru85

komaru85

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Still won't pop up for me.

ArduinoHouse

ArduinoHouse

Stranger

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I'm having the same problem after I updated to the most recent patch with All Geared Up. I re-downloaded from the nexus and the menu still didn't pop up. 

ManleySteele

ManleySteele

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 276 posts

I don't know how it works in the 61.x, but in the 62.x in testing now, if you want to re-select mod options, right click on the mod and select reinstall.  Do not uninstall the mod first. It will run a script to uninstall automatically and reinstall from scratrch with with your option dialogs available. I'm not sure the 61.x does this, but I  think it should.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nmm, mod configuration

Page loaded in: 1.080 seconds