Yet ANOTHER user with Save related crashes.

supertaquito

Out of the blue, my save system no longer works in my current game. The way it happened is that I installed Northfire's Dirtcliffs, sorted my loadorder using Loot, did my Automatic Variant, Perkus Maximus patching, loaded my game and played for a while.

Issue started happening again while autosaving, which is something that had happened to me before and I fixed it by running my patches again, this time it did not work. I decided to uninstall the Dirtcliffs mod and load a previous save. It worked without a single crash and I decided to take a break.

I come back and exit the shop I was in, BAM crash during autosave. I disable autosave and load a previous save which seemed to be intact, saving worked. Created a new hard save and exited the game. Loaded up and tested hard save, another crash. I know SKSE creates bug report, but mine doesn't and I have no idea on how to debug. I also tried to clean the save, but upon opening the save, I am notified there is nothing to clean.

Also attempted on new games, and the saving issues does not occur, but I did not try to force it as I did with my main game. The following is my load order. Any help would be highly appreciated. Also including my System Specs:

I7-4770K, Stock Speed.

ASUS GTX970

Kingston Hyper X Blu, 8GB ram.

2 Seagate HDDs, 500 and 1500Gb.

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
HearthFires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
Falskaar.esm
Wyrmstooth.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
MagicDuelReborn.esm
SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esm
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm
notice board.esp
RaceCompatibility.esm
RSkyrimChildren.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp
Extended UI.esp
AMB Glass Variants Lore.esp
AMatterOfTime.esp
ArmorOfIntrigue.esp
Improved Dragon Shouts.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
CalienteVanillaArmorTweaks.esp
CharacterMakingExtender.esp
DudestiaOutfitChanger.esp
ArrowRecoverySystemOverhaul.esp
CoT-WeatherPatch.esp
CoT-WeatherPatch_NL3.esp
CoT-WeatherPatch_Snow-40.esp
Cleric Armours - Credo.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Medium.esp
SkyUI.esp
dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp
TAZ_killcamtweak.esp
Differently Ebony.esp
DeadlySpellImpacts.esp
DeadlySpellImpacts - Two Fire.esp
WondersofWeather.esp
Better Dynamic Snow.esp
Smoking Torches.esp
DYNAVISION Dynamic Depth of Field.esp
Improved Dragon Shouts - Dawnguard.esp
EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
ELFX - Exteriors.esp
ELFX - Dragonborn.esp
RealisticRoomRental.esp
ELFX - Dawnguard.esp
Fantasy Soundtrack Project.esp
VioLens.esp
Dragon Combat Overhaul.esp
IHSS.esp
Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
LessIntrusiveHUD.esp
Beards.esp
Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
mintylightningmod.esp
iHUD.esp
Improved Dragon Shouts - Dragonborn.esp
dD-Larger Splatter Size.esp
JKs Skyrim.esp
3DNPC.esp
Book Covers Skyrim.esp
ethereal_elven_overhaul.esp
Bijin Wives.esp
Bijin Warmaidens.esp
Height Adjusted Races with True Giants.esp
EnhancedCharacterEdit.esp
NonEssentialChildren.esp
FCO - Follower Commentary Overhaul.esp
RealShelter.esp
ArrowDuration300.esp
mancika_templarset.esp
MintyLightningMod_COT_Patch.esp
RRR_ELFX-Patch.esp
USKP Patcher for RaceCompatibility.esp
Real Roads.esp
TrueStorms.esp
TrueStorms-CoT-WeatherPatch.esp
RSChildren - Complete.esp
RSChildren_PatchNEC.esp
RSChildren_PatchUSKP.esp
SkyFalls + SkyMills + DG + DB + FS + WT.esp
SDO Full-LOD - The Morthal Swamp Light.esp
Weathered Road Signs.esp
Birdsofskyrim.esp
RBB Long Boats.esp
ELFXEnhancer.esp
BirdsHFclean.esp
SkyFalls DB + FS Small Waterfalls.esp
SDO Full-LOD - Waterfall Effects.esp
RealisticWaterTwo.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Wyrmstooth.esp
skyBirds - Airborne Perching Birds.esp
83Willows_101BUGS_V4_HighRes.esp
Skyrim Particle Patch for ENB - Flame Atronach Fix.esp
SMIM-DragonbornTernFix.esp
SMIM-DungeonsCliffsIceSkirts.esp
SMIM-FurnitureChestSnowFix.esp
Supreme Storms - Cot Version.esp
CoT-WeatherPatch_SupStorms.esp
towConversation.esp
Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp
PalistovSpinningArrows_Dawnguard.esp
Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
Dr_Bandolier.esp
RealisticNeedsandDiseases.esp
RND_USKP-Patch.esp
BellyachesNewDragonSpecies.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.esp
RND_Dawnguard-Patch.esp
Cloaks.esp
SMIM-FarmhouseFlickeringFix.esp
RiversideLodge.esp
RBB Large Boats.esp
fallentreebridges.esp
SDO Full-LOD - Whiterun Trundra Creeks.esp
About horses 1.5.esp
Convenient Horses.esp
More_Saddles.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Waves.esp
RRR_3DNPC-Patch.esp
GR123 Knights Templar.esp
CinematicFireFX.esp
RBB Long Boats - Falskaar.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Falskaar.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Falskaar.esp
SFO - Dragonborn.esp
RBB Row Boats.esp
Rooster At Dawn v1.0.esp
RBB Long Boats - NSUtR.esp
flaho_shi_eagles_nest_ENG.esp
Watercolor_for_ENB_RWT_RND.esp
SMIM-ShackRoofFixes.esp
Signs_of_Skyrim.esp
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
Verdant - A Skyrim Grass Plugin.esp
Chesko_Frostfall.esp
RND_HearthFires-Patch.esp
RND_AnimalLoot.esp
BetterHunting2.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Wyrmstooth.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Dragonborn.esp
RND_Dragonborn-Patch.esp
RBB Long Boats - Wyrmstooth.esp
RBB Row Boats - Wyrmstooth.esp
SMIM-ShackRoofFixesDragonborn.esp
AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp
PalistovSpinningArrows.esp
isilNarsil.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Dawnguard.esp
SDO Full-LOD - Giant Campfires.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Dawnguard.esp
RBB Row Boats - NSUtR.esp
Equipping Overhaul.esp
RBB - Row Boats - Hearthfire Hotfix.esp
PerkusMaximus_Master.esp
DeadlyDragons.esp
PalistovSpinningArrows_CloserQuiversLongerArrows.esp
PerkusMaximus_Mage.esp
Dead Body Collision.esp
PerkusMaximus_Thief.esp
DovahBlingJewelryReplacer.esp
PerMa_USKP master patch.esp
PerMa_Survivalism.esp
DovahBlingJewelryStandalone.esp
PerkusMaximus_Warrior.esp
VariedGuards.esp
1nivWICCloaks.esp
1nivWICSkyCloaksPatch.esp
Weapons & Armor_TrueWeaponsLvlLists.esp
Throwing_Weapons_Redux.esp
WetandCold.esp
WetandCold - Ashes.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Sound.esp
SaveHotKeyMCM.esp
RSPatch.esp
RealShelterFF.esp
TrueStorms-SupremeStorms-Vanilla.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Sound-Dawnguard-Patch.esp
Wyrmstooth - PerMa Patch.esp
Pre PaMa WAFR Patch.esp
Automatic Variants.esp
PatchusMaximus.esp

Edited by supertaquito

Autosaves and quicksaves are known to eventually break. Not always but a lot. Especially with mods. And that load order is far from great. Not just because uou have lots of mods but i an see your weather and lighting setup is all over the joint.

Maybe i should sticky my load order to the tech forum

Edit - this was a bit blunt of a reply. Ive been answering many topics like this recently you see. Have a look over the last 2-3 pages and read the similar threads, you will find some good advice in them.

Autosaves and quicksaves are known to eventually break. Not always but a lot. Especially with mods. And that load order is far from great. Not just because uou have lots of mods but i an see your weather and lighting setup is all over the joint.

Maybe i should sticky my load order to the tech forum

Edit - this was a bit blunt of a reply. Ive been answering many topics like this recently you see. Have a look over the last 2-3 pages and read the similar threads, you will find some good advice in them.

Christ, I guess Loot is not a good idea afterall, then. I'll read http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/753253-only-you-can-prevent-forest-fires/ and try to organize the load order myself and see if it makes any difference.

Yeah i organize mine by hand. One tip, try putting your weather and lighting near the bottom. So you would have weather, then lighting, then patches for them etc. Theres not a whole great deal of files that i put under that, mainly patches and mods im checking and altering for merging.

Yeah i organize mine by hand. One tip, try putting your weather and lighting near the bottom. So you would have weather, then lighting, then patches for them etc. Theres not a whole great deal of files that i put under that, mainly patches and mods im checking and altering for merging.

Thanks for the reply and the tip. I made this cluster of all my weather mods and lightning, left the end of my load order to give a better idea of where I would place them in.

WondersofWeather.esp

mintylightningmod.esp

TrueStorms.esp

Supreme Storms - Cot Version.esp

ClimatesOfTamriel-Sound.esp

TrueStorms-SupremeStorms-Vanilla.esp

CoT-WeatherPatch.esp

CoT-WeatherPatch_NL3.esp

CoT-WeatherPatch_Snow-40.esp

MintyLightningMod_COT_Patch.esp

TrueStorms-CoT-WeatherPatch.esp

CoT-WeatherPatch_SupStorms.esp

ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp

ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp

ClimatesOfTamriel-Sound-Dawnguard-Patch.esp

EnhancedLightsandFX.esp

ELFX - Exteriors.esp

ELFX - Dragonborn.esp

ELFX - Dawnguard.esp

ELFXEnhancer.esp

RRR_ELFX-Patch.esp

RSPatch.esp

Wyrmstooth - PerMa Patch.esp

Pre PaMa WAFR Patch.esp

Automatic Variants.esp

PatchusMaximus.esp

Climates of Tamriel is way up with my main .esm's and it's load order can't be taken further down in Nexus mod manager.

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp

Dawnguard.esm

Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp

HearthFires.esm

Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp

Dragonborn.esm

Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp

Falskaar.esm

Wyrmstooth.esp

ClimatesOfTamriel.esm

Sorry if I frustrate you, I am very ignorant when it comes to the inner workings of skyrim modding. Wish I knew more but I am willing to learn.

That looks better, however im mot sure Supreme storms works with minty light ing and true storms, been a while since i configured my weather setup but there was a reason i didnt use em all together. I use ELFX, CoT and Supreme Storms, Pure Weather and Vividian ENB which combines them altogether nicely through its own patches.

Dont worry about the esm for CoT, esms always live at the top. Its just resources really, we use patches at the end if the LO to keep everything square.

Hi

Switch off Perkus Maximus & start a new game & test. Don't load a Perkus Maximus save. It will be trashed.

I gave up Perkus Maximus in mid game. I got tired of jumping through hoops for that mod. Not fun. My game is better now.

If you still want to use Perkus Maximus, switch off all mods except armor & weapons, then patch. Your game will be more stable.

Your cpu & gpu are great but your HD setup is not ideal for modded open world game unless you use raid. High write burst speed & random access writes over 1mb can keep saves a none issue.

Later

That looks better, however im mot sure Supreme storms works with minty light ing and true storms, been a while since i configured my weather setup but there was a reason i didnt use em all together. I use ELFX, CoT and Supreme Storms, Pure Weather and Vividian ENB which combines them altogether nicely through its own patches.

Dont worry about the esm for CoT, esms always live at the top. Its just resources really, we use patches at the end if the LO to keep everything square.

Yeah, by now it is compatible without issue. At least I haven't had issues with the previous games I've had with that config. Thanks for the pointers. I think gameplay overhauls should go after weather/lightning mods, but I have a question.

Do water mods, like realistic Water Two, bobbing boats, skyfalls+skymills should go between weather mods and lightning mods?

I guess I am overcomplicating things and should follow this order, but make sure all of my main mods are listed below their masters and have all patches as low as possible. Would it affect anything if I have main mod high in the load order and have its patch near the bottom? I am thinking it has nothing to do as long as the mod it is patching is above the patch .esp, right?

#01: Your ESM Files;

#02: Bug-Fix type Mods;

#03: Game Structure and/or UI Mods:

#04: Character Appearance Mods (For NPCs and Self);

#05: Mods that Add and/or Change Locations; *

#06: Mods that Add and/or Change Items;

#07: Mods that Add NPCs;

#08: Texture Mods;

#09: Environmental Mods (things like Climates of Tamriel, Sounds of Skyrim, etc.);

#10: Mods with Gameplay Changes; Then,

#11: Reproccers, AV, and Bashed Patches.

Again, thanks for all your help.

Hi

Switch off Perkus Maximus & start a new game & test. Don't load a Perkus Maximus save. It will be trashed.

I gave up Perkus Maximus in mid game. I got tired of jumping through hoops for that mod. Not fun. My game is better now.

If you still want to use Perkus Maximus, switch off all mods except armor & weapons, then patch. Your game will be more stable.

Your cpu & gpu are great but your HD setup is not ideal for modded open world game unless you use raid. High write burst speed & random access writes over 1mb can keep saves a none issue.

Later

Hi, thanks for the input. I just want to make sure I understand, you are advising me to turn off all gameplay, lightning, texture mods besides armor & weapons, then patch.. and AFTER that, turn on my gameplay, lightning, texture mods or just not use them anymore?

Because it kinda defeats the purpose of modding for me.. I don't know, it doesn't seem like a solution to me.

Okay ill straighten this out a bit. Just disable perma. The reason why we want lighting weather at the bottom is because a lot of large mods will touch cells and cancel out the lighting/weather edits, usually not massively unless running a brick tonne of mods. So go weather then lighting then water. You can have patches for gameplay mods under these, thats fine, and by patches o mean final patches. And then this is why we have merged patches. Ideally you should go through the orange and red highlighted conflict records in tesvedit and straighten out the ones that do need some help by hand, and you always do this in your own file, as in dont edit the mods esp directly (unless it makes much sense to or you know that mod is never gonna get updated again otherwise its wasted time see)

When i make merged mods, like say i want to merge some armor and weapons mods, maybe a few houses that are safe, i put them between my merged patches and top of weather/lighting so i can see easily in the group what mods need to be altered first.