Super Smash Bros. Brawl

ResidentWeevil2077

Well, of late I've gotten back into playing all my old games (NES, SNES, N64, and GCN), and the one game that I think is quite a gem is the "Super Smash Bros." series of fighting/punch-'em-up games. The one that stands out like a sore thumb is (of course) Super Smash Bros. Melee. With it's rather large roster of fighters (ranginf from Nintendo's humble "Italian Stallion" plumber, Mario, his brother, Luigi, and Link, perhaps the most famous hero from The Legend of Zelda, to more the cutsy Pokémon idolized by so many preteens and young children.

Anyway, as I was playing SSBM, I was coming to a conclusion that as much as a success Nintendo's brawler has become, there are a few things I would have liked to have seen in that game. This also brought to my attention that I recalled Nintendo will be releasing Super Smash Bros. Brawl on the Wii later this year. And while most everything about this latest iteration in the SSB franchise is great (especially since Solid Snake [ :ohmy:, ;D ] of Metal Gear Solid fame is being included as a playabe fighter), I find that a few things are still lacking, especially with regards to the new roster of characters being included in SSBB.

So, I just wanted to find out what those of you who have played AND enjoyed SSBM would like to have seen implemented in SSBB, whether it be a fighter, a stage, or anything else really. One should note that Nintendo is quite open to the idea of including a few non-Nintendo characters as possible fighters (Sonic comes to mind... :happy: ). I know development of SSBB is well under way now, but who knows, maybe, if by chance , or a miracle, or perhaps an act of God ( :ohmy: ), Nintendo might just includethe things the players have always wnated :D .

I like melee. It was, in my opinion, the best so far. This is actually the first time I've heard of "brawl." I liked that they added in Mr. Game & Watch to melee! It was nice to see that funny little guy. Personally, I'd be satisfied with brawl no matter what they do...unless they offer less characters than melee.

Right now, everything regarding what's to be included in Brawl is kinda tentative. Right now, the "offically" confirmed roster of fighters includes the following characters:

- Mario; that's kind of a given (DUH! :rolleyes: )

- Link; another given (this time, he's his Twilight Princess incarnation, which is much more realistically presented)

- Pikachu; even though I don't play as ANY Pokémon in Smash, it would actually be strangely devoid of life if this little Electric-type wasn't included :unsure: ...

- Samus Aran; not only will she be presented with her usual Chozo Power Suit, but she will also make an appearance without her Power Suit, à la Metroid: Zero Mission (a GBA retelling of the very first Metroid game that debuted on the NES back in 1987).

- Fox McCloud; It wouldn't really be a Smash game if Fox wasn't included

- Kirby; that lovable round pink ball that's been in every Smash game (the only other char besides the ones mentioned above ;) )

In addition to the familiar bunch above, a few fresh faces are also in for the "brawl", including:

- Meta Knight; if any of you have played Kirby's Adventure (Kirby's only foray on the NES) or Kirby Super Star on the SNES, you'll know that this is Kirby's masked-and-caped foe, who rivals King Dedede as Kirby's main arch-nemesis.

- Pit; I was wondering what had happened to this winged hero from Kid Icarus, the ONLY game starring Pit. His character design has been drastically revamped from his child-like appearance into a more heroic, and anime-inspired one (something that makes me practically yearn for the release of SSBB)

- Wario; a character that I would liked to have seen in Melee finally gets to punch the bejeebers out of Mario and gang :D

- And perhaps in the most daring (and a rather a wise) move is the inclusion of... wait for it... SOLID SNAKE :ohmy: ! This is the first time a character created by another game company other than Nintendo (Snake is a man of Konami) is being included as a completely playable fighter. While Snake has appeared in games made for a more mature audience (most MGS games have either a "T" or "M" rating here in N. America), his SSBB incarnation will be as he appeared in Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, and he'll even has his own selectable stage (apparently based on Shadow Moses Island from Metal Gear Solid on the PSX).

As I said before, most of everything to do with Brawl is all tentative, and may change as the developers come close to finalizing the game in the coming months.

I should point out too that Nintendo has considered, and even contacted Sega about including Sonic the Hedgehog as a possible fighter. I can't see why Sega wouldn't want to (since the original Smash, there's been hoaxes about Sonic being a hidden fighter). It would be an excellent idea, since Nintendo has said they're open to including a few third-party chars, as long as they've appeared on a Nintendo console, and Sega has since made a few Sonic games on Nintendo consoles.

One char I'd like to see on Brawl would be Joanna Dark from Perfect Dark. The "Cloaking Device" seen on SSBM is the exact same one from PD on the N64. However, since Rare was acquired by Microsoft shortly after the release of SSBM in 2001, I doubt Nintendo could convince Rare to allow them to include Joanna as a fighter.

- Wario; a character that I would liked to have seen in Melee finally gets to punch the bejeebers out of Mario and gang :D

Why wasn't he inculded in the first game? That seems kind of like duh.

I should point out too that Nintendo has considered, and even contacted Sega about including Sonic the Hedgehog as a possible fighter. I can't see why Sega wouldn't want to (since the original Smash, there's been hoaxes about Sonic being a hidden fighter). It would be an excellent idea, since Nintendo has said they're open to including a few third-party chars, as long as they've appeared on a Nintendo console, and Sega has since made a few Sonic games on Nintendo consoles.

I'm sure it will happen. Sega has let Nintendo release the original Sonic game on Wii allong with many other Sega games. I'm sure it will happen.

I would like to see Cthulhu as a playable character...'nuf said.

http://www.phobos-deimos.com/Cthulhu/cthulhu.jpg

Ready...START!

Cthulhu squashes the other four fighters with his thumb.

Game over.

Pyramid head! He needs to be a playable character. Slow, but powerful.

http://www.lacoctelera.com/myfiles/trashi/...yramid_head.jpg

I'm not so sure Konami would allow it though...

Why wasn't he inculded in the first game? That seems kind of like duh.

I know - I thought with the measly 12 fighters that the original Smash had, you'd think Wario would have been one of them :rolleyes:

Anyway, while I mentioned Nintendo is considering adding a couple non-Nintendo chars as guest fighters, it will in fact be just "a couple" (as in 2 or 3). So I don't think either of the two you mentioned even have a chance :P

An idea just hit me. Maybe if Nintendo wanted to create a fourth installment of Smash, they could consider doing a "Vs." game, kinda like "Capcom vs. SNK" or "Capcom vs. Marvel". It would probably be "Super Smash Bros. vs. Fighters Megamix" (Fighters Megamix was a game on the Saturn back in '97, and featured a massive roster of pretty much every familiar Sega character, from Sonic and Tails, to Virtua Fighter and Virtua Cop).

Another char that would be an awesome fighter would have to be Capcom's Megaman. Most of Megaman's games were on the NES and SNES (until Sony's PSX took over :glare: ), and Megaman would surely be a welcome sight to many fans :happy:

Anyway, while I mentioned Nintendo is considering adding a couple non-Nintendo chars as guest fighters, it will in fact be just "a couple" (as in 2 or 3). So I don't think either of the two you mentioned even have a chance :P

Well obviously Cthulhu wouldn't be on there, because what I said earlier is accurate. Cthulhu would almost instantly win...He's god-like.

I was, however, serious about Pyramid Head. If Nintendo adds him...I think I'll cry ;D It would be the best game EVER! I'd slaughter Mario and the others with his sheer awsomeness. Pyramid Head is great.

Well obviously Cthulhu wouldn't be on there, because what i said earlier is accurate. Cthulhu would almost instantly win...He's god-like.

I waw, however, serious about Pyramid Head. If Nintendo adds him...I think I'll cry ;D It would be the best game EVER! I'd slaughter Mario and the others with his sheer awsomeness. Pyramid Head is great.

Hmm, I don't think Nintendo would want a psychotic supernatural monster fighting against furry little creatures (I could see that happening with the Happy Tree Friends, but not on Smash :ohmy: !) Nintendo isn't even gonna let Snake wield his Mk.23 SOCOM pistol ( :dry: ) - instead, he'll use plenty of explosives (C4, anyone :D ... )

That's because Fox uses a blaster (which fires energy beams, NOT bullets :P ) I suppose the game devs didn't want Snake to use real-world guns (the Mk.23 SOCOM is a 12-rnd .45ACP tactical pistol made by none other than famous German arms maker Hecker+Koch GmbH ;) ) It makes sense though - can you see Mario or DK or even Pikachu ( :ohmy: , :D ) being shot up by Snake!?! It's actually funnier to see them being blown up by a Bob-Omb instead of being shot in the foot :P !

Archived