Merlini Magia

AurianaValoria1

When someone unexpectedly crashed into his backside, Benjamin fell forward and met the cold, unforgiving stone of the floor with the right side of his face. "Damnit..." A muffled grunt escaped the young man as erratic splashes of white light shattered his sight, having been dazed from his cranial collision with the floor. When Benjamin quickly regathered his senses, he felt an inquisitive prodding into his left side, and he quickly swatted away the foot with a clumsy, flailing gesture. "'Course I'm alive..." He answered the nameless voice that caught his attention first.

Sitting back upright, Benjamin rubbed his right jaw and cheekbone with a ragged sigh before glancing around him at the two individuals in the immediate vicinity; a man and a woman, the lady seeming somewhat older. Another sigh left Benjamin's lungs as he staggered up onto his feet, soon noting more than a little grumpily, "Sounded like there were more of y'all than just two."

"So..." He mused with a blank tone, squinting his eyes from the room's lack of light and the slight pain in his head, "Nice to meet you two, I guess. Introductions can wait, though; where the hell are we, first of all?" Only waiting a few moments after casting out his blunt inquiry, Benjamin remarked as if to himself, "More importantly, how do we get the hell out of this maze? You're guess is as good as mine." An amused huff punctuated the conclusion of Ben's momentary monologue, and his dark brown eyes finally focused on the two of them.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kat looked to the side and noticed someone else had suddenly stumbled upon them; squinting to try and make out the men's features in the low firelight, she ran her hand through her hair and sighed, "I was about to ask you the same thing. So you are stuck here like me...us." She hesitated a moment and could hear other voices in the distance, "Along with some others, I think."

"I'm Katherine Breckenridge...Kat for short," she kept glancing off down the other shadowy corridors, her voice bouncing off the walls and reverberating for quite the distance, "No idea how I got here. One minute I was running to my car in a storm, the next I'm flat on my back in this place. I thought..." she trailed, hesitating as she recalled what had happened, "I thought I got hit by lightning or something..."

Being in the presence of others in her same situation made the professor a little more comfortable, and she actually took time to study the architecture of their surroundings. Squinting, she slowly shook her head and added, "If I didn't know any better, I'd say we were in a medieval dungeon or catacomb. I've seen similar architecture in England and Scotland."

Andre smiled and offered his hand to the darkness on instinct. He looked down at it's general direction and then retracted it once he saw the irony in offering his hand to two effectively blind people. He chuckled awkwardly and looked around.

"It's old design but new physically. Pre-Norman..." Said the historian, he had been around Dieter long enough to recognize a pre or post norman architecture. "Andre Cook." Said the young man to the two in his immediate vicinity. "I figure if we work together we can formulate a plan." Andre added.

<snip>

As she rounded the corner, someone came into view and Emilie cautiously made her way toward the figure at the far end of the hallway. Emilie was able to see that it was a young girl, possibly a little older than herself but a few inches shorter. The girl's black hair was carelessly tousled, she was wearing an outfit not unlike Emilie's, but a lot more conservative, and she seemed to be feeling her way through the corridors. Emilie lowered her knife, but didn't stow it away just yet. "Hi? I'm Emilie... I-I'm so glad I found you. A man tried to take me and I blacked out at the end of the street, and now I'm in here. I think he kidnapped me."

Though Rose had been moving toward the sounds and lights, she was still somewhat startled when she rounded a corner and saw the young woman down the hallway. Narrowing her eyes she strained in the dim light to take in all she could. Rose spotted the knife when the girl, metal in all the important points of her face and looking like she would be the death of any TSA agent, spoke and moved toward her.

"Hello also, I am Rose. I'd say I was please to meet you but.." Rose raised her hand from the wall, noting the dust and grime as she moved closer and offered out her hand. Blushing she took it back, quickly wiping in on her jeans then offering it out again. Rose made to smile and tried to keep her eye on the now lowered knife in Emilie's grasp.

Giving a try at a wider smile, Rose suddenly considered Emilie's words. "Someone kidnapped you? Were you on the reservation also?" Rose peered with more curiosity now, looking for signs of the Navajo under the piercings in the young woman's face. Rose knew outsiders were hardly welcomed and most traveling in the Navajo lands would usually have some kinship to the tribe. "I know the place is large but the way they are I would have thought I'd seen or heard something going in. I don't know what my Grandfather is up to but..." Rose stopped suddenly hearing more voices clearer and possibly closer.

Ardan was walking home from the dojo when it started raining suddenly. Wonderful... Normally, he wouldn't care, and enjoy the refreshing shower on the way home. However, he still had his notebooks and laptop from class earlier in his backpack, and it was looking to storm soon, so the college student began running. The college student gave a sigh of relief as he stepped into his small apartment; even though he ran, Ardan was still soaked.

He left his backpack by the door and went to change his now-sopping-wet ninja robes, changing into a pair of jeans and a t-shirt of an arm-less, leg-less knight boast about how he was merely scratched and tossing the wet clothes in the dryer. It was then he remembered about his just-as-wet backpack and gave a slight groan before picking up his belongings. Great... they're soaked, too... He thought as he saw the state of his class notes, clearly ruined by the rain and ink running down the pages. His ninja gear was still okay, being made to resist such conditions. Hopefully my computer is still okay, to- huh? Ardan paused for a moment as he processed what was in front of him, before tossing the notebooks across the room with a loud expletive. "CRAP!" he yelled again, as he realized he had left his laptop back at the dojo.

"That's just freaking great, Ardan!" He muttered to himself, the thought of having to go back through this storm again annoying him greatly. He didn't have a choice in the matter, either; he had a paper due online later tonight, his laptop had all of his work stored on it, and he couldn't afford another failed grade in class. Grabbing his backpack (and a bag to wrap his computer in to keep it from getting wet, Ardan went back outside.

He soon regretted it, however, as the wind had picked up greatly, and lightning was beginning to come down as well. He was second-guessing his decision to retrieve his laptop when a strong gust of air knocked him over. Ardan began to get back up when he saw a lightning bolt flying towards him, and then- BOOM! Blackness...

==============================================================================

Ardan woke up to darkness around him, and pain throbbing in his head and body. "Ow... that felt great..." he quipped sarcastically as he groaned, picking himself up and taking stock of his belongings. Well, at least I'm alive... and still have my ninja gear... Just as he was wondering where he was, he heard voices somewhere ahead. "Hello?" The young man called out. "Excuse me, but could someone tell me where we are?" He grimaced as he stood, his clothes rubbing against the scrapes he had gotten earlier. "And would you happen to have any peroxide?"

Edited by GrueMaster

"Okay then..." Benjamin replied slowly to Kat and Andre, who both seemed convinced that they were in some sort of medieval ruin, by the looks and sounds of it. Scratching his head slightly in uncertainty, the young mechanic glanced around at the shadowed corridors with squinted eyes until he soon retrieved his smartphone out of his foremost right pocket. "Perhaps if we shed some light on the subject." He mused sarcastically, adjusting the brightness setting of his phone's screen until it provided enough handheld light for his liking; the occasional wall-mounted sconce didn't satisfy Benjamin since he much preferred light to darkness.

As the cold, pale light of his smartphone illuminated his youthful features, Benjamin turned towards his fellow associates and briefly noted, "Also, call me Ben. Benjamin Keith." Not being one for formalities, Ben simply gave them his name before peering down the nearest corridor. Listening intently, he soon sighed, addressing both Andre and Kat, "Sounds like there's others. Fancy the idea of looking for them?"

Barely waiting for a response, Ben began to pace in a tightly-wound circle as he tried to determine the direction from which the echoes came. "The sooner we round up any other unfortunate folks like us, the sooner we can all look for a way out, hmm?" The young man mused impatiently over his shoulder. While he would hardly ever admit it, the darkness of their entirely unknown whereabouts was starting to get to Ben in spite of his efforts to retain a calm demeanor.

Edited by FreemasonGamer

"Pre-Norman?" Kat squinted skeptically, "Why in the Hell...and how in the Hell...did we get anywhere that had Pre-Norman structures? We're still in the States...right?"

That was when the light of Ben's phone illuminated the immediate darkness and revealed more of the immediate area around them, including their faces. At that moment, the professor shook her head and threw her hands up in the air, "I've got nothing. I really don't. What, did we all get magically abducted or something? Is this some sort of joke? But if there's other folks here, maybe they know more than we do. You're right...let's see if we can find them. The sooner we can get out of this weird place, the better." She gestured to the path directly ahead of them.

Emilie stowed her knife into the pocket of her jeans and shook Rose's hand. "I came from the city, out by the mall in the center of town. I'm not sure if there are any reservations around there, unless you mean Amish country. That's a couple hundred miles out."

The pale-skinned girl bit her lower lip, crossing her arms as she tried to process the information given to her. This girl, Rose, was obviously taken from somewhere much farther away from Emilie's town. Perhaps there was a serial killer collecting girls like them. The two of them weren't so different from each other in regards to their style and age. Those sorts of killers had types and patterns, didn't they?

However, she then heard more voices carrying on from the darkness ahead of them, some of them male. "I don't think we're dealing with a killer... Or anyone from your reservation. Something else has to be up. We'd better try and find the others. I still have my knife if anything goes south."

Emilie found her legs shaking, but trode onward in the darkness, snatching out her phone and checking the battery. Her phone was nearly at a full charge since she couldn't use it at work, and a flashlight seemed important in these dark conditions. As she went to open her flashlight app, she had a stroke of genius she was quite proud of, and stretched onto her tiptoes, snatching one of the torches off its sconce on the wall.

She was surprised by its weight, but held it firmly in her right hand, remarking, "Someone has to keep these things lit. They're not electric at all. But, at least we have a portable light without using up my phone's battery. We'll need that to call someone when we get outside. No service in here at all."

Edited by tokyobiohazard

As Kat and her newfound comrades continued through the halls, another voice rang out closer. As she rounded a corner, she saw a red-headed young man just standing up from what was probably a fall like the one she'd taken; she grimaced at the thought...how could this be happening?

Shoving everything to the back of her mind and focusing on the task at hand, she waved a greeting at the man, "Hey...you all right? You mentioned something about peroxide...I don't have anything on me, I'm afraid. All my stuff is missing, probably taken. Any idea where we might be? 'Cause the rest of us here have no clue." Pausing she added, "I'm Kat, by the way. Katherine Breckenridge."

Rose began to follow the younger woman and the soothing light of the cell phone. Shaking her head, seeing in her mind's eye, her own cell in the front seat of the Vette. Never have the damn thing with her when she needed it. Taking another step the thought hit her like a ton of bricks...

"I came from the city, out by the mall in the center of town. I'm not sure if there are any reservations around there, unless you mean Amish country. That's a couple hundred miles out."
"Wait...what...Amish? There are no Amish in Albuquerque, are there?" Rose ask her voice quivering slightly. She looked around her again while she thought furiously. 'Please let her say yes' Rose chanted to herself. Wiping her hands again on dirty pants, it being more about courage and less about the dirt and chocolate, Rose looked over at Emilie once again.
"We aren't in Kansas anymore, are we Toto..." As more voices sounded closer, bouncing of walls or echoing around, Rose's own quiet voice tapered off. She could have sworn she herd a Coyote's soft growl among the sounds.