Merlini Magia

AurianaValoria1

"Awesome. Hopefully, Sir Lancelot won't mind sharing his story when we get there." Benjamin mused with an aloof smile. While dragons were rare, they did in fact exist, which was enough to please his inner child. Also, the young man found it enlightening to listen to the womanly pair of knights converse between each other and Kat regarding the gender issue plaguing the realm.

After the conversation died down enough to give Ben another opportunity to speak up, he carefully asked, "So... Did this whole gender curse happen overnight, and do you folks have any leads on who or what caused it? I reckon it must have been a powerful witch or wizard or whatever to cause something like this to happen to everyone."

From the sounds of it, this curse was a sensitive topic since a majority of people Gawain and Dinadan mentioned were at a complete loss of what to do with themselves. In all honesty, the idea of being afflicted with such a curse rightfully frightened Ben; cursed into being an entirely different individual biologically-speaking definitely seemed like something to fear. Surprisingly, such contemplation ignited a spark genuine heroism, albeit a weak one, in Ben's spirits as he hoped to fulfill his purpose of saving this land's people from such malevolent magic. Not to mention, busying himself with the problem at hand kept Ben from brooding over his intense homesickness, which constantly tried to eat away at his innermost thoughts.

Edited by FreemasonGamer

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"You know, I think I saw a show once about King Arthur being female... can't remember what it was called, though..." Ardan spoke halfheartedly as the discussion of the cursed state of Britania. "You know, I would have figured more of the knights would still behave the same as before. After all, nothing is all that terrible or different about being a warrior as a woman, right? I mean, I remember the legend of Scathach, the great warrior maiden who wielded the Gáe Bulg and taught Cu Chulainn, or the triple-aspect goddess Morrigan?"

The red-head shrugged. "I always thought they were pretty impressive..." He stopped speaking his thoughts, dropping the subject before he could go into a full-on rant, and began pondering Ben's line of thinking. "Hmm... if that is the case, who would be powerful enough to do such a thing?" He asked aloud, before perking up at the sound of soon being able to sit down and eat. "Well, perhaps we should discuss this once we've eaten, yes? A bit easier to think, I find, when one has a full stomach."

Rose faded into and out of sleep with the gentle rocking of the horse, who was surprisingly quick yet gentle. She supposed it had to be so with this being the main mode of transit and a cranky, much abused knight was not something most people would want. She listened to Ben's questions and the answer about the existing dragons.

'It figures,' thought Rose to herself. Probably great friends with a certain Coyote. Rose shifted slightly in the saddle, not wanting to be in any one position too long nor wishing to have too tight a seat. She expected that she and Kat would be feeling this as much if not more than any running injury or blisters the boyos may have. The lack of hot running water was another drawback to any remedy for their 'cowboy butt', as her Nanna called it.

Rose thought of her Nanna and what an adventure her grandmother would be having. Rose didn't want an adventure, she wanted to be home with running hot water, indoor plumbing and opiates. It went without saying that Snickers Bars and Coke would be part of that world. Feeling less than charitable, Rose tried to find sleep that would allow her to ignore the happy questions and laughter from the others, when she heard the red-head ask about who could have the power to wreck such a change on King..Queen? King Arthur's Court. Muttering aloud, more to herself than the others but forgetting she was talking aloud Rose set out some names that from her memory of the stories, could have some bang for their buck. Some who may find a gender change something more than an interesting predicament..

"Morgan Le Fae? The Lady of Avalon?" Rose blinked not even looking toward the others when she said the names and not seeing any reaction that they may have had.

Dinadan snorted, "If we had any idea who caused it, we would not have Merlin resorting to pulling people from other worlds now, would we?"

"Morgan le Fay has not been ruled out as a possible culprit," Gawain added, "But I somehow doubt she would stoop to something this...theatrical."

"Arthur suggests speaking with the Lady of the Lake," Dinadan continued, "But no one has been able to contact her since this predicament began. And it indeed began overnight."

Suddenly, ahead on the road, a small lone establishment came into view in the distance, hugging the dirt way just before it curved beyond a tall hill. Smoke drifted lazily from the chimney, and the mere sight of the place filled Kat with an odd sensation of relief. There were horses, mules, donkeys, carts, and wagons all assembled around the place, suggesting more than a few customers within.

"Well, we are almost there," Dinadan remarked, "If you will, let us go in first. Your appearances alone will cause quite a stir, and it will be safer for you if they know you're with us."

"Try not to provoke anyone purposefully," Gawain added, "And if anyone provokes you, just let me know. I will not abide foolish behavior towards the king's charges."

This brought a strange smile to Kat's lips, and she replied with a laugh, "Why thank you, Sir Gawain. I would expect nothing less from you. Your reputation has reached even our world, you know."

Dinadan chuckled, "You hear that? Your gallivanting's got the attention of ladies from another universe. What does that say about you, eh?"

Gawain merely cast a dark glare in Dinadan's direction, but the latter knight did not seem intimidated in the least.

Rose smirked at the Knight's teasing. Boys were boys..even when they were girls it seemed. Leaning forward, Rose spoke to the Knights, her interest finally peaked.

"Perhaps you can't reach the Lady of the Lake, assuming she did not do this, because she is now the Lad of the Lake?" Rose raised a brow at them. "I only know the stories from my time but it seems like that position is somewhat gender important."

At her words Rose planned to resume her lazy position, instead she got a smell on with wind causing her to bolt upright and smack a Knight on the arm. "Owww...damn it...Is that Food? Is that food? The Inn?"

Benjamin tried to pop his knuckles impressively, which resulted in a barrage of snaps and crackles that was more likely to make someone cringe than impress them, and he inquired with slight enthusiasm in regards to the upcoming tavern, "King's charges? Does that mean you guys are going to pay the bill, too?" With a humorous smile, he stretched his arms and rolled his shoulders as they continued their journey down the road, trying to ignore the aching of his body from such a briskly-paced hike.

As the idea of confronting a population of Arthurian Britannia's native inhabitants soon began to loom over Ben's head, however, he soon became self-conscious of himself and the others of the group. He was dressed in simple cargo shorts, a faded gray shirt that was spotted with darker stains, and his well-worn sneakers; such attire would unsurprisingly be as unusual in the tavern up ahead as it would be in a Renaissance fair, he thought to himself.

Biting his lip nervously, Ben also considered his options if they ever encountered cooler weather. With some reluctance in his tone, he soon asked, "Er, what should we do about any change of outfits? I didn't exactly have time to pack before we travelled Air Merlin for this investigation."

Edited by FreemasonGamer

Rose momentarily forgot her joy of the possibility of a hearty meal and whipped her head around to Ben.

"No..oh no..heck no...I am NOT wearing one of those long..foo foo things and ...and...a...a....what were those dang things called...a..a.. WIMPLE!! NOT...GOING...TO...HAPPEN!" Rose punctuated each word pointing at Ben, Ardan, The Knights and Kat.

"Someone find me some boys trousers or something because I am not wearing a wimple."

Ardan smiled helplessly at Ben and Rose. "Clothes shouldn't be toooo much of a problem." He looked down at his own clothes. "Personally, I don't think anything is wrong with my own appearance... I'm certainly not getting rid of this shirt. It's one of my favorites..." The redhead looked at Rose with raised eyebrows, amused at her tomboyish nature. "A... wimple?"

Shaking his head at the display, Ardan looked at Gawain and Dinadan. "You won't have any problems from me. I prefer to avoid trouble, myself. Although..." he pulled out his sheathed ninja-to. "Should I leave my sword with one of you two, as to avoid any unnecessary attention?"

"Yes, that's it," Dinadan nodded, careful not to move around too much for fear the girl would injure herself again, "Watch the couters, milady."

Gawain smirked at Benjamin, "You have no means of paying your own way, so yes, we will be paying for you. And there is a tailor in Camelot...you can see them as soon as we get there."

Kat nearly fell off of Gawain's horse with laughter, and she spoke between breaths, "Rose...I wonder...why you're concerned about trousers and wimples...like it's an either or type thing..." She wiped tears from her eyes as she was laughing so hard, "The former goes on your legs and the latter goes on your head."

"Not to mention," Dinadan added as the knight finally pulled to a stop beside an empty cart, "Wimples are usually only worn by married women. So...if you aren't married...you don't have to worry about a wimple, now, do you?"

"Breeches, skirts, wimples," Gawain huffed, "All of that does not exactly matter, at the moment. We are women in the armor of knights...holding anyone to any sort of fashion standard seems rather pointless until this situation is resolved."

Dinadan grinned, "You are correct, my astute lady friend."

Gawain glared again.

When both knights, their squires, and the lads finally gathered outside the inn proper, the knights themselves dismounted and offered their hands to Kat and Rose to help them off of the horses. Kat slid down from Gawain's horse rather easily, but then felt strange as she tried to walk. She was certain she looked like some sort of cowboy wannabe as she tried to move the legs that had been stretched at an awkward angle for an hour. Once she was on the ground, Gawain turned to Ardan, frowned at the weapon, and then held out her hand, "Indeed. I believe that would be wise."

Edited by AurianaValoria1

Face burning at the laughter, Rose decided there just was not enough chocolate in the universe for this. She gave a frosty look over the laughing trio and hoped her sour mood was a result of lack of food and not just...because. Unable to help herself she waded in the fray.

"Yes...I am aware one goes on the head and the other on your arse, I'm not a complete idiot. My point was I am not wearing girl clothes, not skirts, wimples, lacey things...not hats or scarfs nor anything that requires more persons than me to dress or undress. If you want us here to do some sort of..." Rose waived her hands in the air as she slid down off the horse, "Some sort of thing for you...I don't think it would be in our best interest to be tripping over skirts and scarves and all that. Maybe Kat here would manage but I would not."

Rose looked around at everyone then her brow furrowed, "And no, I guess I am not wimple worthy yet." She then turned toward the smell of the food and waited until the Knights were ready. As she did she grumpily worried at her amulet, determined to walk legs together and not like some bow-legged goat. No matter how painful it was.