Witcher 3 MODkit Update Released

SirSalami

http://s23.postimg.org/l2kbe5x3v/pasted_image_0.png

The Witcher 3 MODkit Update has arrived! This update includes support for custom textures, expanded documentation and more. Here’s the feature list from CD Projekt RED:

• Fixed a bug causing wcc_lite to fail when uncooking the game.
  • Added the ability to mod textures from the textures array.
  • Added a warning information when wcc_lite failed due too long file path.
  • Cleaned up wcc_lite output log.
  • Fixed a bug when some normal maps and speculars were imported incorrectly. Now imported textures which name ends with "_n" and "_s" will be assigned to proper categories.
  • It is now possible to add new textures using mods.
  • Several fixes and minor improvements to Script Studio.

IMPORTANT: CD Projekt RED recommends a full reinstallation of the MODkit. Failure to do so may result in incompatibility of some scripts.

Download the latest MODkit

Download the latest MODkit (1.3)

Download the MODkit Documentation

For more information direct from the source, please check out the official Witcher 3 Mod Discussions forum.

Also, be sure to check out our own Witcher 3 Mod Talk forum to see what your fellow Witcher 3 modders here at The Nexus are up to.

Happy Modding!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #29769295.

legorass wrote: Still not even 1% close to 4 years!! Creator Kit from Skyrim..

Skyrim has a better modkit because the game was absolutely not finished at release. Bethesda obsiously counts on modders to finish their games (just look at Oblivion/Skyrim/Fallout 3).
There are patches from modders correcting thousands of bugs, the UI is a joke, questing & fighting are pretty bad and the Creation Engine need to modded to offer decent visuals...

Don"t compare The Witcher 3 and Skyrim, it's indecent for Bethesda.

Nevertheless the game is not bad. I played near to 100 hours but playing "vanilla" is not possible. Edited by nKZz

Something is wrong with it ... i have the steam version clean installed

Now when i try to uncoock the game i get an error regarding 2 files that i do not have in the folders.

Any modders out there that uncoocked the game with the new version and on 1.10 ?

[2015.10.24 09:49:35][Error][Core] [script]: Error game\behavior_tree\tasks\monsters\bttaskmaintainspeed.ws[10]: Class 'CBTTaskMaintainSpeed' already defined.

[2015.10.24 09:49:35][Error][Core] [script]: Error game\behavior_tree\tasks\monsters\bttaskmaintainspeed.ws[74]: Class 'CBTTaskMaintainSpeedDef' already defined.

[2015.10.24 09:49:35][Error][Core] [script]: Error game\behavior_tree\tasks\reactions\bttaskisman.ws[4]: Class 'CBTCondIsMan' already defined.

[2015.10.24 09:49:35][Error][Core] [script]: Error game\behavior_tree\tasks\reactions\bttaskisman.ws[15]: Class 'CBTCondIsManDef' already defined.

In response to post #29769295. #29773995 is also a reply to the same post.

nKZz wrote: Skyrim has a better modkit because the game was absolutely not finished at release. Bethesda obsiously counts on modders to finish their games (just look at Oblivion/Skyrim/Fallout 3).
There are patches from modders correcting thousands of bugs, the UI is a joke, questing & fighting are pretty bad and the Creation Engine need to modded to offer decent visuals...

Nevertheless the game is not bad. I played near to 100 hours but playing "vanilla" is not possible.

Finally someone who knows, why Bethesda is s#*! and their games are a piece of junk.

In response to post #29778580.

drakishar wrote: Something is wrong with it ... i have the steam version clean installed
Now when i try to uncoock the game i get an error regarding 2 files that i do not have in the folders.
Any modders out there that uncoocked the game with the new version and on 1.10 ?

[2015.10.24 09:49:35][Error][Core] [script]: Error game\behavior_tree\tasks\monsters\bttaskmaintainspeed.ws[10]: Class 'CBTTaskMaintainSpeed' already defined.
[2015.10.24 09:49:35][Error][Core] [script]: Error game\behavior_tree\tasks\monsters\bttaskmaintainspeed.ws[74]: Class 'CBTTaskMaintainSpeedDef' already defined.
[2015.10.24 09:49:35][Error][Core] [script]: Error game\behavior_tree\tasks\reactions\bttaskisman.ws[4]: Class 'CBTCondIsMan' already defined.
[2015.10.24 09:49:35][Error][Core] [script]: Error game\behavior_tree\tasks\reactions\bttaskisman.ws[15]: Class 'CBTCondIsManDef' already defined.

I recognize those error messages when verifying the game cache and starting the game with mods.

Deleting "The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\content\content0\scripts\game\behavior_tree\tasks\hacks" folder usually fixed the error for me.

In response to post #29778580. #29782865 is also a reply to the same post.

drakishar wrote: Something is wrong with it ... i have the steam version clean installed

Neroxify wrote: I recognize those error messages when verifying the game cache and starting the game with mods.

Deleting "The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\content\content0\scripts\game\behavior_tree\tasks\hacks" folder usually fixed the error for me.

Thanks for the suggestion Neroxify. However that doesn't fix it.
The problem is in the Modkit r4data folder.

Here is the workaround :
1. Go to your MODkit installation folder.
2. Open folder "...\r4data\scripts\game\behavior_tree\tasks\"
3. Delete the 2 files from : monsters\bttaskmaintainspeed.ws and reactions\bttaskisman.ws

In response to post #29769295. #29773995, #29780210 are all replies on the same post.

nKZz wrote: Skyrim has a better modkit because the game was absolutely not finished at release. Bethesda obsiously counts on modders to finish their games (just look at Oblivion/Skyrim/Fallout 3).

Nevertheless the game is not bad. I played near to 100 hours but playing "vanilla" is not possible.
turkay98 wrote: Finally someone who knows, why Bethesda is s#*! and their games are a piece of junk.

Don't defend CDPR on this. They announced and demo'd a much better mod kit called Redkit, then suspiciously stopped talking about it the instant Microsoft chatted them up. I love this game too, but they f*#@ed us in the ass.

In response to post #29769295. #29773995, #29780210, #29806600 are all replies on the same post.

turkay98 wrote: Finally someone who knows, why Bethesda is s#*! and their games are a piece of junk.
Zinthros wrote: Don't defend CDPR on this. They announced and demo'd a much better mod kit called Redkit, then suspiciously stopped talking about it the instant Microsoft chatted them up. I love this game too, but they f*#@ed us in the ass.

nkZz...not only do you not have any credibility (0 mods created - so you do not understand how horrible the mod kit is), but you're logic is non-existent. Stating that Bethesda released an editor because the software was not finished is very ignorant. I bought Skyrim a week after it came out. Unlike The Witcher 3, I was able to complete every quest that I came upon. There are still many many bugs that the developers refuse to fix in the Witcher 3.

The reason Bethesda releases such good modding kits is because it cares about its customers. And the customers have responded! There is 61 times more mods for Skyrim than the Witcher 3. Yes, Skyrim has been out longer, but....

Witcher 3 - 7 months ~700 mods = 100 mpm (mods per month)
Skyrim - 48 months - ~44,000 mods = 917 mpm!

Witcher 3 - 7 months - 3 million downloads = ~ 428,571 dlpm (Downloads per month)
Skyrim - 48 months ~783 million downloads = ~16.3 million dlpm.

The Skyrim users have almost remade the game! Better graphics, New quests, monsters, buildings, UI's,

What does the Witcher 3 mods have to offer...ohh, eyecolor change! ohh, Trissemir and Yennemir...

And if we are comparing Oblivion to The Witcher 3, it is only fair to compare the original Witcher with Skyrim... Have you tried it??? It is so horrible that you will want to uninstall it after 5 minutes of play... The combat was so horrible...

I cant wait for Fallout 4 to come out. This would be a more fair comparison to make. Not only will it make everyone forget about the Witcher 3, unlike CDPR, Bethsoft will release a killer Mod kit.